Joost B Vos
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Transcriptional response of bronchial epithelial cells to Pseudomonas aeruginosa: identification of early mediators of host defenseJoost B Vos
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Physiol Genomics 21:324-36. 2005..aeruginosa is characterized by expression of genes involved in epithelial barrier formation and host defense...
- A molecular signature of epithelial host defense: comparative gene expression analysis of cultured bronchial epithelial cells and keratinocytesJoost B Vos
Dept of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 7:9. 2006..These data sets were used to elucidate a common denominator in epithelial host defense...
- Exploring host-pathogen interactions at the epithelial surface: application of transcriptomics in lung biologyJoost B Vos
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L367-77. 2007..In particular, the interactions between epithelial cells in the human lungs and clinically relevant microorganisms are the central focus of this review...
- Rhinovirus increases human beta-defensin-2 and -3 mRNA expression in cultured bronchial epithelial cellsLouise A Duits
Department of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 38:59-64. 2003..This study shows that rhinovirus infection of PBEC leads to increased hBD-2 and hBD-3 mRNA expression, which may play a role in both the uncomplicated common cold and in virus-associated exacerbations of asthma...
- Host defense effector molecules in mucosal secretionsG Sandra Tjabringa
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 45:151-8. 2005....
- Antagomir-mediated silencing of endothelial cell specific microRNA-126 impairs ischemia-induced angiogenesisCoen van Solingen
Department of Nephrology and the Einthoven Laboratory for Experimental Vascular Medicine, LUMC, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Cell Mol Med 13:1577-85. 2009..Our data demonstrate a facilitary function for miR-126 in ischemia-induced angiogenesis and show the efficacy and specificity of antagomir-induced silencing of EC-specific microRNAs in vivo...