Martie van Beuzekom
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Assessing system failures in operating rooms and intensive care unitsM van Beuzekom
OR Centre, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Qual Saf Health Care 16:45-50. 2007..Proactive methods are able to objectively detect structural shortcomings before mishaps and have been widely used in other high-risk industries...
- Patient safety: latent risk factorsM van Beuzekom
OR Centre, J4 Q, Leiden University Medical Centre, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 105:52-9. 2010..Understanding how LRFs affect safety can enable us to design more effective control measures that will impact significantly on both individual performance and patient outcomes...
- Perception of patient safety differs by clinical area and disciplineM van Beuzekom
Department of Anaesthesiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 110:107-14. 2013..If we have an understanding of the contribution made by these factors, we can identify significant points from which we can promote a safe environment...
- Influence of latent risk factors on job satisfaction, job stress and intention to leave in anaesthesia teams: a cross-sectional surveyMartie van Beuzekom
Department of Anaesthesiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Anaesthesiol 30:222-8. 2013..Current thinking about patient safety emphasises the causal relationship between working conditions, referred to as latent risk factors (LRFs), and the quality of clinical care...
- Patient safety in the operating room: an intervention study on latent risk factorsMartie van Beuzekom
OR Centre, Leiden University Medical Centre, 9600, 2300, RC Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Surg 12:10. 2012..We performed an intervention to improve these latent risk factors (LRFs) and increase awareness of patient safety issues amongst OR staff...
- A comparison of US, UK, and Dutch perioperative staffing practicesMartie van Beuzekom
OR Centre at Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
AORN J 84:632-41. 2006..An examination of the historical differences in staffing may support the hypothesis that both disciplines may be needed for the OR to function most effectively...
- Acetazolamide improves cerebral oxygenation during exercise at high altitudeJaap Vuyk
Department of Anesthesiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
High Alt Med Biol 7:290-301. 2006Vuyk, Jaap, Jan Van Den Bos, Kees Terhell, Rene De Bos, Ad Vletter, Pierre Valk, Martie Van Beuzekom, Jack Van Kleef, and Albert Dahan. Acetazolamide improves cerebral oxygenation during exercise at high altitude. High Alt. Med. Biol...