Genomes and Genes
J P Medema
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Macrodissection versus microdissection of rectal carcinoma: minor influence of stroma cells to tumor cell gene expression profilesElza C de Bruin
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 6:142. 2005....
- The uncertain glory of APRILJ P Medema
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Cell Death Differ 10:1121-5. 2003..BLyS has recently been the subject of several reviews (for an extensive review, see Mackay et al.). The present review will thus focus on APRIL, and discuss BLyS only briefly for the sake of clarity...
- Expression of the serpin serine protease inhibitor 6 protects dendritic cells from cytotoxic T lymphocyte-induced apoptosis: differential modulation by T helper type 1 and type 2 cellsJ P Medema
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, 2333ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Exp Med 194:657-67. 2001..Our data identify SPI-6 as a novel marker for DC function, which protects DCs against CTL-induced apoptosis...
- Blockade of the granzyme B/perforin pathway through overexpression of the serine protease inhibitor PI-9/SPI-6 constitutes a mechanism for immune escape by tumorsJ P Medema
Department of Immunohematology and Bloodtransfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11515-20. 2001..Our data reveal that PI-9/SPI-6 is an important parameter determining the success of T cell-based immunotherapeutic modalities against cancer...
- Rejection of intraocular tumors by CD4(+) T cells without induction of phthisisL R Schurmans
Department of Ophthalmology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 167:5832-7. 2001..Taken together, these observations demonstrate that CD4(+) T cells are able to eradicate MHC class II-negative tumors in an immune-privileged site without affecting surrounding tissues or the induction of phthisis...
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycan binding promotes APRIL-induced tumor cell proliferationJ Hendriks
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden 2333 ZA, The Netherlands
Cell Death Differ 12:637-48. 2005..We therefore conclude that either HSPG serve as a receptor for APRIL or that HSPG binding allows APRIL to interact with a receptor that promotes tumor growth...
- T cell signaling: a decision of life and deathJ P Medema
Department of Immunohematology and Bloodbank, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Hum Immunol 60:403-11. 1999....
- Mechanisms of antibody immunotherapy on clonal islet reactive T cellsP van de Linde
Department of Immunohaematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Hum Immunol 67:264-73. 2006..ATG and the humanized monoclonal antibodies displayed contrasting mechanisms of action...
- A serine protease is involved in the initiation of DNA damage-induced apoptosisE C de Bruin
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cell Death Differ 10:1204-12. 2003..This indicates that this novel pathway fulfills a critical role in the execution of etoposide-induced programmed cell death...
- Immune escape of tumors in vivo by expression of cellular FLICE-inhibitory proteinJ P Medema
Department of Immunohematology and Bloodbank, Leiden University Medical Center, 2333AA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Exp Med 190:1033-8. 1999....
- An endogenous hybrid mRNA encodes TWE-PRIL, a functional cell surface TWEAK-APRIL fusion proteinB Pradet-Balade
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 21:5711-20. 2002..Much like membrane-bound and secreted TNF-alpha, the different cellular localizations of TWE-PRIL and APRIL suggest that they exert distinct biological roles...
- Elucidating the autoimmune and antitumor effector mechanisms of a treatment based on cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 blockade in combination with a B16 melanoma vaccine: comparison of prophylaxis and therapyA van Elsas
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Cancer Research Lab, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Exp Med 194:481-9. 2001..Our data demonstrate that therapeutic autoreactive CD8(+) T cell responses can effectively be generated in tumor-bearing mice and stresses the value of studying tumor immunity in a therapeutic rather than a prophylactic setting...
- Suicide determines selfJ P Medema
Cell Death Differ 9:364-6. 2002
- Cutting edge: cellular Fas-associated death domain-like IL-1-converting enzyme-inhibitory protein protects germinal center B cells from apoptosis during germinal center reactionsM van Eijk
Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Cellular Immunology Group, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 166:6473-6. 2001....
- FLICE is activated by association with the CD95 death-inducing signaling complex (DISC)J P Medema
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 16:2794-804. 1997..Taken together, our data indicate that FLICE is the first in a cascade of ICE-like proteases activated by CD95 and that this activation requires a functional CD95 DISC...
- Nucleotide sequence of the tumor necrosis factor: a gene in seven different inbred mouse strainsJ P Medema
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101
Immunogenetics 40:243-4. 1994