Affiliation: Leiden University
Country: The Netherlands
- The criterion validity of the Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale (CES-D) in a sample of self-referred elders with depressive symptomatologyR Haringsma
Section of Clinical and Health Psychology, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:558-63. 2004..The criterion validity of the Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression scale (CES-D) was assessed in a group of elderly Dutch community-residents who were self-referred to a prevention program for depression...
- Effectiveness of the Coping With Depression (CWD) course for older adults provided by the community-based mental health care system in the Netherlands: a randomized controlled field trialR Haringsma
Division of Clinical and Health Psychology, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int Psychogeriatr 18:307-25. 2006..The effectiveness (immediate and long-term) of the course for this heterogeneous population was studied in an effectiveness trial...
- Predictors of response to the 'Coping with Depression' course for older adults. A field studyR Haringsma
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Division of Clinical and Health Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Aging Ment Health 10:424-34. 2006..Further treatment should be considered for the participants with a post-treatment score >/=16. Group-membership was not a significant predictor of the variation in effect...
- Effects of sad mood on autobiographical memory in older adults with and without lifetime depressionRimke Haringsma
Division of Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Psychol 49:343-57. 2010..All participants were 55 and older. Lastly, the predictive value of the AMT for the course of depressive symptoms was assessed in the RD individuals over a 14-17 months follow-up (FU) period...
- Consistency of reporting sexual and physical abuse during psychological treatment of personality disorder: an explorative studyPhilip Spinhoven
Institute of Psychology, Leiden University, Wassenaarseweg 52, 2333 AK Leiden, The Netherlands
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 43:S43-50. 2012..Moreover, reduced negative memory specificity may represent an avoidant strategy associated with no longer reporting instances of abuse...
- Word use of outpatients with a personality disorder and concurrent or previous major depressive disorderMarc L Molendijk
Leiden University, The Netherlands
Behav Res Ther 48:44-51. 2010..We conclude that the negative content and self-focus of written essays and high levels of discrepancy reflect a negative thinking style that is common to a range of psychiatric disorders rather than being specific to depression...
- Reduced specificity of autobiographical memory in Cluster C personality disorders and the role of depression, worry, and experiential avoidancePhilip Spinhoven
Department of Psychology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Abnorm Psychol 118:520-30. 2009..Besides depression severity, repetitive, uncontrollable, and negative thinking may constitute a general mechanism mediating the association of various Axis I and II disorders with memory specificity...
- Personality disorders in the elderly compared to four younger age groups: a cross-sectional study of community residents and mental health patientsGemma I Engels
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Leiden University, P O Box 9555, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pers Disord 17:447-59. 2003..Older mental health patients showed more schizoid disorder characteristics and fewer high-energy disorder characteristics compared to one or more of the younger patient groups...