Peggy J De Vos Van Steenwijk
Affiliation: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- A placebo-controlled randomized HPV16 synthetic long-peptide vaccination study in women with high-grade cervical squamous intraepithelial lesionsPeggy J De Vos Van Steenwijk
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:1485-92. 2012..Thus, vaccination of HSIL patients results in increased HPV16-specific T-cell immunity. Further development of this type of treatment relies on the ability to motivate patients and in the reduction in the side effects...
- Success or failure of vaccination for HPV16-positive vulvar lesions correlates with kinetics and phenotype of induced T-cell responsesMarij J P Welters
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11895-9. 2010..Foxp3(+) T cells have been associated previously with impaired immunity in malignancies. Here we demonstrate that the vaccine-prompted level of this population is associated with early treatment failure...
- An unexpectedly large polyclonal repertoire of HPV-specific T cells is poised for action in patients with cervical cancerPeggy J De Vos Van Steenwijk
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 70:2707-17. 2010..This vast existing local T-cell population is awaiting proper stimulation and can be exploited for the immunotherapy of cancer...
- M2 macrophages induced by prostaglandin E2 and IL-6 from cervical carcinoma are switched to activated M1 macrophages by CD4+ Th1 cellsMoniek Heusinkveld
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 187:1157-65. 2011....
- Surgery followed by persistence of high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions is associated with the induction of a dysfunctional HPV16-specific T-cell responsePeggy J De Vos Van Steenwijk
Department of Gynaecology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 14:7188-95. 2008..To characterize HPV16 E6- and E7-specific T-cell immunity in patients with high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (HSIL)...