Genomes and Genes
Leiden University Medical Center
Organization: Leiden University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- [Migraine and depression should be treated concurrently]Mark A Louter
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, afd Neurologie, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A1044. 2010..It is recommended that different hospital specialists should be involved in both the diagnosis and treatment of patients with comorbidity of migraine and depression...
- Elevated CRP levels are associated with increased carotid atherosclerosis independent of visceral obesityReza Alizadeh Dehnavi
Department of General Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 200:417-23. 2008..Elevated C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are associated with VO and cardiovascular disease. After exploring the relation between CRP and VO, we aimed to evaluate the VO independent relation between CRP and carotid atherosclerosis...
- Symptom severity but not psychopathology predicts visceral hypersensitivity in irritable bowel syndromePatrick P J van der Veek
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:321-8. 2008....
- Multiple testing on the directed acyclic graph of gene ontologyJelle J Goeman
Department of Medical Statistics, Postzone S5 P, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Bioinformatics 24:537-44. 2008..Current methods for multiplicity adjustment do not make use of the graph structure of Gene Ontology (GO) when testing for association of expression profiles of GO terms with a response variable...
- Administration route-dependent effects of estrogens on IGF-I levels during fixed GH replacement in women with hypopituitarismAgatha A van der Klaauw
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases C4 R, Leiden University Medical Centre, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 157:709-16. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of oral versus transdermal estrogen administration at similar plasma estradiol levels on IGF-I, IGF-binding protein-3, and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) concentrations...
- Fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaEline S A van den Akker
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 22:3-14. 2008..However, controversy still exists over the optimal antenatal management strategy...
- Lobar distribution of changes in gray matter and white matter in memory clinic patients: detected using magnetization transfer imagingA C G M van Es
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:1938-42. 2007..In this study, we assessed the lobar distribution of the GM and WM pathology over the brain and the association of lobar distribution with global cognitive decline...
- Vaginal blood flow after radical hysterectomy with and without nerve sparing. A preliminary reportQ D Pieterse
Department of Gynaecology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:576-83. 2008..Because it is not observed to the same extent after nerve-sparing RHL, it seems that the nerve-sparing technique leads to a better overall vaginal blood flow caused by less denervation of the vagina...
- Cotransplantation of ex vivo expanded mesenchymal stem cells accelerates lymphocyte recovery and may reduce the risk of graft failure in haploidentical hematopoietic stem-cell transplantationLynne M Ball
Department of Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 110:2764-7. 2007..These data suggest that MSCs, possibly thanks to their potent immunosuppressive effect on alloreactive host T lymphocytes escaping the preparative regimen, reduce the risk of graft failure in haploidentical HSC transplant recipients...
- Peritubular endothelium: the Achilles heel of the kidney?T J Rabelink
Department of Nephrology, Einthoven Centre of Experimental Vascular Medicine and Diabetes, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 72:926-30. 2007..In this mini review, the evidence for this pathophysiological concept as well as the possibility to detect such endothelial activation in the clinical arena is summarized...
- Treatment of vertebral tumor with posterior wall defect using image-guided radiofrequency ablation combined with vertebroplasty: preliminary results in 12 patientsEdwin van der Linden
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:741-7. 2007..To evaluate the safety and clinical benefit of vertebral tumor treatment by combined radiofrequency ablation (RFA) and vertebroplasty, for pain reduction in patients who are unable to benefit from noninvasive treatment methods...
- Acetazolamide improves cerebral oxygenation during exercise at high altitudeJaap Vuyk
Department of Anesthesiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
High Alt Med Biol 7:290-301. 2006..This effect is nullified after several weeks at altitude due to acclimatization in climbers not taking Actz...
- Intraobserver and interobserver reliability of videotaped laparoscopy evaluations for endometriosis and adhesionsPhilomeen T M Weijenborg
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 87:373-80. 2007..To determine the intra- and interobserver reliability of evaluations during videotaped laparoscopy, with real-time laparoscopy as the "gold standard."..
- Overranging in multisection CT: quantification and relative contribution to dose--comparison of four 16-section CT scannersAart J van der Molen
Department of Radiology C 2S, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, NL 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 242:208-16. 2007..To quantify the number of overrange rotations and to assess their relative contribution to organ and effective doses at 16-section body computed tomography (CT)...
- Genome-wide linkage scan for atypical nevi in p16-Leiden melanoma familiesFemke A De Snoo
Departments of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1135-41. 2008..The strongest evidence for an atypical nevus susceptibility gene was mapped to chromosome band 7q21.3 (two-point LOD score=2.751), a region containing candidate gene CDK6...
- Translating basic research into clinical rheumatologyD Van der Woude
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Rheumatology, Albinusdreef 2, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 22:299-310. 2008....
- Beta-papillomavirus infection and skin cancerJan Nico Bouwes Bavinck
Department of Dermatology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 128:1355-8. 2008..Human papillomaviruses are most likely indirectly involved in this process by facilitating UV-related carcinogenesis via preventing UV-induced apoptosis or impairing DNA repair, but other mechanisms are also possible...
- Correlates of apathy in Huntington's diseaseE van Duijn
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, B1 P, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 22:287-94. 2010..After exclusion of 10 depressed patients, apathy was independently associated with male sex, worse global functioning, and higher use of neuroleptics and benzodiazepines...
- Additional cryptic CNVs in mentally retarded patients with apparently balanced karyotypesAntoinet C J Gijsbers
Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Med Genet 53:227-33. 2010..These data demonstrate that high-resolution array screening and conventional karyotyping is necessary to tie complex karyotypes to phenotypes of MR patients...
- Lack of association between the presence and persistence of betapapillomavirus DNA in eyebrow hairs and betapapillomavirus L1 antibodies in serumElsemieke I Plasmeijer
Department of Medical Microbiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Gen Virol 91:2073-9. 2010..Other factors, such as viral load, may play a more pivotal role in the induction of detectable seroresponses...
- Pheochromocytomas detected by biochemical screening in predisposed subjects are associated with lower prevalence of clinical and biochemical manifestations and smaller tumors than pheochromocytomas detected by signs and symptomsN van Duinen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Center of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 163:121-7. 2010..Sporadic pheochromocytomas are detected by clinical signs and symptoms, whereas pheochromocytomas in patients with a known hereditary predisposition for these tumors are detected by repetitive screening for catecholamine excess...
- Validity and responsiveness of the World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule II to assess disability in rheumatoid arthritis patientsJorit J L Meesters
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:326-33. 2010..To investigate the validity and responsiveness of the World Health Organization Disability Schedule II (WHODAS II) in patients with established RA...
- Distinguishing between depression and anxiety: a proposal for an extension of the tripartite modelM E den Hollander-Gijsman
Department of Psychiatry, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur Psychiatry 25:197-205. 2010..As point of departure, we used the tripartite model of Clark and Watson that discerns three dimensions: negative affect, positive affect and physiological hyperarousal...
- Illness cognitions in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: predicting quality of life outcomeMargreet Scharloo
Medical Psychology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Support Care Cancer 18:1137-45. 2010....
- Treatment duration of febrile urinary tract infection (FUTIRST trial): a randomized placebo-controlled multicenter trial comparing short (7 days) antibiotic treatment with conventional treatment (14 days)Cees van Nieuwkoop
Department of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 9:131. 2009..Few randomized trials showed the effectiveness of treatment durations of 5 to 7 days but this has only been studied in young previously healthy women...
- Management of the highly sensitized patientFrans H J Claas
Department of Immunohaematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Immunol 21:569-72. 2009..As none of these approaches are successful in all patients, a comprehensive use of a combination of these strategies seems the way to go...
- Quality of life after pelvic radiotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy for endometrial cancer: first results of the randomized PORTEC-2 trialRemi A Nout
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:3547-56. 2009..Vaginal brachytherapy provides a better QOL, and should be the preferred treatment from a QOL perspective...
- Therapist-aided exposure for women with lifelong vaginismus: a replicated single-case designMoniek M ter Kuile
Outpatient Clinic of Psychosomatic Gynecology and Sexology VRSP, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:149-59. 2009..Furthermore, exposure was successful in decreasing fear and negative penetration beliefs posttreatment and at 3-month and 1-year follow-ups. Therapist-aided exposure appears to be an effective treatment for lifelong vaginismus...
- Quantitative analysis of the experimental cytotoxic drug cyclopentenyl cytosine and its metabolite in plasma with HPLC tandem mass spectrometryKirsten Schimmel
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Biomed Chromatogr 22:1368-73. 2008..HPLC with electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry allowed rapid and sensitive determination of CPEC and CPEU levels in plasma...
- Responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire--Dutch language version in patients with rheumatoid arthritisFlorus J van der Giesen
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:1121-6. 2008..To investigate the responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire (MHQ) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who were treated in a multidisciplinary hand clinic...
- Sustained effects of recombinant GH replacement after 7 years of treatment in adults with GH deficiencyA A van der Klaauw
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases C4 R, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 155:701-8. 2006..To determine whether the observed short-term beneficial effects of rhGH treatment are sustained in the long term, we evaluated biochemical and anthropometric parameters after 7 years of rhGH replacement...
- Cryo electron microscopy reconstructions of the Leviviridae unveil the densest icosahedral RNA packing possibleSjoerd H E van den Worm
Department of Biochemistry, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Mol Biol 363:858-65. 2006..Strikingly, the unique RNA packing of the Leviviridae appears to deploy the most efficient method of RNA storage by obeying icosahedral symmetry...
- Responses to reactive oxygen intermediates and virulence of Salmonella typhimuriumRiny Janssen
Department of Infectious Diseases, C5 P, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Microbes Infect 5:527-34. 2003..By discussing various bacterial mutants classified according to their in vitro sensitivity to superoxide, we will exemplify the complex mechanisms that Salmonella has evolved to cope with superoxide stress...
- Osseous localization of non-Hodgkin lymphoma shown on Tc-99m HMPAO-labeled leukocyte scintigraphyChristianne S J Duchateau
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Nucl Med 28:72-3. 2003
- Functional characterization of the lectin pathway of complement in human serumAnja Roos
Department of Nephrology, C3P, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 39:655-68. 2003..This assay offers novel possibilities for patient diagnostics as well as for the study of disease association with the LP...
- Rapamycin specifically interferes with GM-CSF signaling in human dendritic cells, leading to apoptosis via increased p27KIP1 expressionAndrea M Woltman
Department of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Blood 101:1439-45. 2003..This mTOR/p27(KIP1)/mcl-1 survival seems unique for DCs and may provide novel opportunities to influence immune responses by specific interference with the life span of these cells...
- High levels of adenovirus DNA in serum correlate with fatal outcome of adenovirus infection in children after allogeneic stem-cell transplantationMarco W Schilham
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 35:526-32. 2002..Quantification of adenoviral DNA in serum may prove to be a valuable tool to diagnose and monitor AdV infection and disease in immunocompromised children...
- Corticosteroids prevent generation of CD34+-derived dermal dendritic cells but do not inhibit Langerhans cell developmentAndrea M Woltman
Department of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 168:6181-8. 2002..In view of the different functional capacities of dermal/interstitial DC and Langerhans cells, this might affect the overall cellular immune response...
- Elevated IL-16 levels in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus are associated with disease severity but not with genetic susceptibility to lupusL R Lard
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Lupus 11:181-5. 2002..In conclusion, these results implicate an association of IL-16 with SLE...
- Early and aggressive treatment of rheumatoid arthritis patients affects the association of HLA class II antigens with progression of joint damageL R Lard
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 46:899-905. 2002..We investigated whether early and aggressive treatment with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs could modify this relationship...
- Clinical application of ropivacaine in obstetricsR Stienstra
Department of Anesthesiology P5 Q, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Curr Top Med Chem 1:215-8. 2001....
- The HLA Dictionary 2001: a summary of HLA-A, -B, -C, -DRB1/3/4/5, -DQB1 alleles and their association with serologically defined HLA-A, -B, -C, -DR and -DQ antigensG M Schreuder
World Marrow Donor Association Quality Assurance Working Group, Leiden, The Netherlands
Tissue Antigens 58:109-40. 2001..The tables with HLA equivalents and a questionnaire for submission of serologic reaction patterns for poorly identified allelic products will also be available on the WMDA web page: http://www.worldmarrow.org...
- Antisense-induced exon skipping restores dystrophin expression in DMD patient derived muscle cellsJ C van Deutekom
Department of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 10:1547-54. 2001..This strategy may be applicable to not only >65% of DMD mutations, but also many other genetic diseases...
- Opposing effects of behavioural activity and light on neurons of the suprachiasmatic nucleusJ Schaap
Department of Physiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 62, PO Box 9604, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 13:1955-62. 2001..The opposing effects of light and activity were also found in single unit recordings, indicating that photic and behavioural stimuli interact at the level of a single neuron...
- Melanosome capping of keratinocytes in pigmented reconstructed epidermis--effect of ultraviolet radiation and 3-isobutyl-1-methyl-xanthine on melanogenesisS Gibbs
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Pigment Cell Res 13:458-66. 2000..This enables sustained application of pigment stimulators over a prolonged period of time and also repeated application of pigment stimulators to be studied...
- Is hypotension a major risk factor for neurological morbidity at term age in very preterm infants?S E Martens
Department of Paediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, J6 S PO Box 9600 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Early Hum Dev 75:79-89. 2003..To investigate the influence of perinatal risk factors, especially hypotension, on neuromotor status at term in surviving preterm infants born before 32 weeks of gestation...
- A global test for groups of genes: testing association with a clinical outcomeJelle J Goeman
Department of Medical Statistics, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9604, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Bioinformatics 20:93-9. 2004..Groups of genes may be any size from a single gene to all genes on the chip (e.g. known pathways, specific areas of the genome or clusters from a cluster analysis)...
- Transcriptional regulation of antigen presentationPeter J van den Elsen
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Building 1, E3 Q, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Immunol 16:67-75. 2004..Accordingly, recent studies include investigations into chromatin remodeling and epigenetic control mechanisms that modulate cell-type-specific transcriptional regulation of genes involved in antigen presentation...
- Histological age prediction from the femur in a contemporary Dutch sample. The decrease of nonremodeled bone in the anterior cortexGeorge J R Maat
Netherlands Forensic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands
J Forensic Sci 51:230-7. 2006..A concise catalogue with micrograph examples for every 10-year period in life is available upon request...
- Assessing genetic effects in survival data by correlating martingale residuals with an application to age at onset of Huntington diseaseClaire M A Wintrebert
Department of Medical Statistics, Leiden University Medical Centre, P O Box 9604, Leiden, 2300 RC, The Netherlands
Stat Med 25:3190-200. 2006..6 for relatives that share 50 per cent of their genes (sib-pairs and parent-child) and about 0.3 for relatives that share 25 per cent of their genes (grandparent-grandchild, uncle/aunt-niece/nephew)...
- A reappraisal of the ascending systems in man, with emphasis on the medial lemniscusE Marani
Rijks Universiteit Leiden, Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Neurosurgery, The Netherlands
Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol 179:1-74, back page. 2005
- An independent role of protective HLA class II alleles in rheumatoid arthritis severity and susceptibilityAnnette H M van der Helm-van Mil
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 52:2637-44. 2005....
- Schistosome glycans and innate immunityC H Hokke
Department of Parasitology, Centre of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Parasite Immunol 27:257-64. 2005..The relevant schistosome glycan elements and the possible mechanisms through which they act on the innate immune system are discussed in this review...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation in X-linked lymphoproliferative disease: two cases in one family and review of the literatureA C Lankester
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:99-105. 2005..Based on these results and in order to improve the final outcome, we conclude that alloSCT should be recommended in both symptomatic and asymptomatic XLP patients...
- Effect of three different anaesthetic agents on the postoperative production of cardiac troponin T in paediatric cardiac surgeryI Malagon
Department of Anaesthesia, Leiden University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 94:805-9. 2005..We have investigated the relationship between three anaesthetic agents, midazolam, propofol, and sevoflurane, and postoperative production of cTnT...
- Multiview active appearance models for simultaneous segmentation of cardiac 2- and 4-chamber long-axis magnetic resonance imagesMehmet Uzumcu
Division of Image Processing and Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Invest Radiol 40:195-203. 2005..In this article, we aimed to evaluate a model-based method for the simultaneous detection of 2- and 4-chamber endocardial and epicardial contours in end-diastolic and end-systolic phases of MR images...
- The coiled-coil domain of the adenovirus type 5 protein IX is dispensable for capsid incorporation and thermostabilityJort Vellinga
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
J Virol 79:3206-10. 2005....
- UVB-induced leucocyte trafficking in the epidermis of photosensitive lupus erythematosus patients: normal depletion of Langerhans cellsArtiena Soe Janssens
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Exp Dermatol 14:138-42. 2005..In the present study, we tested this hypothesis by investigating leucocyte trafficking in the initial phase of cutaneous LE after intense UVB exposure...
- Diagnosis of schistosomiasis by reagent strip test for detection of circulating cathodic antigenG J van Dam
Department of Parasitology, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 42:5458-61. 2004..This assay can easily be developed to an end-user format...
- [Coping with grief following perinatal death: a multifaceted and natural process]C R Geerinck-Vercammen
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, afd Verloskunde, Neonatologie en Maatschappelijk Werk, J7Q 136, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC Leiden
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:1231-4. 2004..It is recommended that the attention for the parents and their lifeless child and all care behaviour be the same, as much as possible, as after the birth of a living child...
- Commentary: the HRT story: vindication of old epidemiological theoryJan P Vandenbroucke
Department of Clinical Epidemioloy, Leiden University Medical Centre, Bldg 1 C9 P, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Epidemiol 33:456-7. 2004
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor impedes recovery from damage caused by cytotoxic agents through increased differentiation at the expense of self-renewalR van Os
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachustetts, USA
Stem Cells 18:120-7. 2000..This effect is enhanced in animals with an already compromised hematopoietic stem cell compartment as seen with repeated doses of BCNU...
- Progression of brain lesions in migraine. The Population-Based CAMERA MRI follow-Michel Ferrari; Fiscal Year: 2009..If confirmed, this would call for an earlier and more aggressive prophylactic treatment of migraine to prevent attacks and related brain damage. ..
- Progression of brain lesions in migraine. The Population-Based CAMERA MRI follow-MARK CHRISTIAN KRUIT; Fiscal Year: 2010..If confirmed, this would call for an earlier and more aggressive prophylactic treatment of migraine to prevent attacks and related brain damage. ..
- Llama-derived phage display antibody arrays for FSHDSilvere van der Maarel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Evidently, these antibodies can also be used individually for specific immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical studies. ..
- FSHD as a Disorder of Impaired RNA BiogenesisSilvere van der Maarel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, on the long term, we expect that uniform myogenic cell models with well-defined disease parameters for FSHD will be of importance for pharmaceutical intervention studies. ..