Astrid M van Ginneken
Affiliation: Erasmus University
Country: The Netherlands
- Can data representation and interface demands be reconciled? Approach in ORCAA M van Ginneken
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Proc AMIA Annu Fall Symp . 1997..A standard set of single table queries can support recording of domain independent data, irrespective of the clinical setting...
- ORCA: the versatile CPRA M van Ginneken
Dept of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 38:332-8. 1999..The paper describes the essence of the architecture of ORCA and the user benefits with emphasis on the support of structured data entry...
- A multi-disciplinary approach to a user interface for structured data entryA M van Ginneken
Dept of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Stud Health Technol Inform 84:693-7. 2001..We present and discuss three designs as alternatives for the SDE module in ORCA (Open Record for CAre). The methodology is applied to SDE in particular, but many aspects also apply to CPRs in general...
- The computerized patient record: balancing effort and benefitAstrid M van Ginneken
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University, P O Box 3000, Dr, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 65:97-119. 2002..Users need to be involved in setting priorities and planning for actual implementation...
- Structured data entry for narrative data in a broad specialty: patient history and physical examination in pediatricsSacha E Bleeker
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:29. 2006..e. content independent) SDE application to support the structured documentation of narrative data (called OpenSDE) can be used to model data obtained at history taking and physical examination of a broad specialty...
- Why are structured data different? Relating differences in data representation to the rationale of OpenSDERenske K Los
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Inform Internet Med 30:267-76. 2005..The differences in data representation largely result from initial design decisions for OpenSDE...
- Extracting data recorded with OpenSDE: possibilities and limitationsRenske K Los
Department of Medical Informatics, Ee2157 Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 74:473-80. 2005..The focus is now shifting to data extraction: what are the possibilities for extracting the data and does the adopted strategy pose limitations?..
- Is OpenSDE an alternative for dedicated medical research databases? An example in coronary surgeryAngeliek C Venema
Dept of Cardio thoracic Surgery, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 7:31. 2007..This study illustrates the use of OpenSDE as a potential alternative to a conventional approach with respect to data modelling, database creation, data entry, and data extraction...
- Paper versus computer: feasibility of an electronic medical record in general pediatricsJolt Roukema
Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 117:15-21. 2006..A generic SDE application (OpenSDE) to support documentation of patient history and physical examination findings was developed and tailored for the domain of general pediatrics...
- Generic computer-based questionnaires: an extension to OpenSDEAstrid M van Ginneken
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:688-92. 2004..We propose the combination of a generic building tool and a content-independent data model as an effective strategy to tackle the above-mentioned problems in CQ development...
- OpenSDE: a strategy for expressive and flexible structured data entryRenske K Los
Department of Medical Informatics, Ee2157, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 74:481-90. 2005..This description focuses on the expressiveness and flexibility of OpenSDE: an application that supports recording of structured narrative data...
- OpenSDE: Row modeling applied to generic structured data entryRenske K Los
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:162-5. 2004....