Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- The cost-effectiveness of treating chronic hepatitis B patients in a median endemic and middle income countryMehlika Toy
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Health Econ 13:663-76. 2012....
- Transmission routes of hepatitis B virus infection in chronic hepatitis B patients in The NetherlandsM Toy
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 80:399-404. 2008..The genotypes of the chronic HBV strains determined corresponded well with the HBV genotypes expected from the countries of origin of the patients or their mothers. Genotypes A and D are predominant in CHB patients in The Netherlands...
- Potential impact of long-term nucleoside therapy on the mortality and morbidity of active chronic hepatitis BMehlika Toy
Department of Public Health, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology 50:743-51. 2009..Conclusion: Long-term antiviral therapy with a strategy that minimizes or controls resistance will have a major preventive effect on liver-related mortality and morbidity...
- Age- and region-specific hepatitis B prevalence in Turkey estimated using generalized linear mixed models: a systematic reviewMehlika Toy
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr, Molewaterplein 50, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 11:337. 2011..To provide a clear picture of the current hepatitis B situation, the authors performed a systematic review to estimate the age- and region-specific prevalence of chronic hepatitis B (CHB) in Turkey...
- Screening and early treatment of migrants for chronic hepatitis B virus infection is cost-effectiveIrene K Veldhuijzen
Division of Infectious Disease Control, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Rijnmond, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 138:522-30. 2010..We assessed the cost-effectiveness in The Netherlands of systematically screening migrants from countries that have high and intermediate HBV infection levels...
- A mathematical approach for evaluating Markov models in continuous time without discrete-event simulationJoost van Rosmalen
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Decis Making 33:767-79. 2013..In conclusion, continuous-time Markov models are a feasible alternative to cohort analysis and can offer several theoretical and practical advantages. ..
- Population health impact and cost-effectiveness of monitoring inactive chronic hepatitis B and treating eligible patients in Shanghai, ChinaMehlika Toy
Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology 60:46-55. 2014..Hepatology 2014;60:46-55). ..