Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Fetal sex-specific differences in gestational age at delivery in pre-eclampsia: a meta-analysisSarah Schalekamp-Timmermans
Erasmus Medical Centre, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Epidemiol . 2016..Increasing evidence indicates a sex-specific interplay between the mother, placenta and fetus. This may lead to different adaptive mechanisms during pregnancy...
- The Mediterranean diet and fetal size parameters: the Generation R StudySarah Timmermans
Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 108:1399-409. 2012..To conclude, low adherence to a Mediterranean diet in early pregnancy seems associated with decreased intra-uterine size with a lower placental and a lower birth weight...
- Major dietary patterns and blood pressure patterns during pregnancy: the Generation R StudySarah Timmermans
Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:337.e1-12. 2011..We sought to evaluate associations between dietary patterns and systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure during pregnancy...
- Determinants of folic acid use in early pregnancy in a multi-ethnic urban population in The Netherlands: the Generation R studySarah Timmermans
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Prev Med 47:427-32. 2008..Recommendations on folic acid use to prevent neural tube defects have been launched in several countries. Adequate folic acid use seems to be low. This study assesses the prevalence of folic acid use and identifies its determinants...
- Individual accumulation of heterogeneous risks explains perinatal inequalities within deprived neighbourhoodsSarah Timmermans
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, POB 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Epidemiol 26:165-80. 2011..To conclude, women from a socioeconomically deprived neighbourhood are at an increased risk for adverse pregnancy outcomes. Differences regarding possibly avoidable risk factors imply that preventive strategies may prove effective...
- Folic acid is positively associated with uteroplacental vascular resistance: the Generation R studyS Timmermans
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:54-61. 2011....
- Periconception folic acid supplementation, fetal growth and the risks of low birth weight and preterm birth: the Generation R StudySarah Timmermans
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus MC, PO Box 2040, 3000CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 102:777-85. 2009..28, 0.69 and OR 0.40, 95 % CI 0.22, 0.72). In conclusion, periconception folic acid supplementation is associated with increased fetal growth resulting in higher placental and birth weight, and decreased risks of low birth weight and SGA...
- Folic acid supplements modify the adverse effects of maternal smoking on fetal growth and neonatal complicationsRachel Bakker
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nutr 141:2172-9. 2011..The observed interaction seems to be mainly driven by smoking in the first trimester only...
- Maternal fish consumption, fetal growth and the risks of neonatal complications: the Generation R StudyDenise H M Heppe
The Generation R Study Group Room Ae 012, Erasmus Medical Centre, CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 105:938-49. 2011..These findings suggest that in a population with a relatively low fish intake, consumption of lean fish, fatty fish or shellfish in the first trimester is not associated with fetal growth or the risks of neonatal complications...
- High circulating folate and vitamin B-12 concentrations in women during pregnancy are associated with increased prevalence of atopic dermatitis in their offspringJessica C Kiefte-de Jong
Generation R Study Group, Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nutr 142:731-8. 2012..Potential risks of high folate and vitamin B-12 concentrations on allergic outcomes should be evaluated when discussing mandatory fortification programs...
- Angiogenic and fibrinolytic factors in blood during the first half of pregnancy and adverse pregnancy outcomesMarianne Coolman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol 119:1190-200. 2012..To estimate whether the imbalance of angiogenic factors (soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1, placental growth factor) and fibrinolytic factors (plasminogen activator inhibitor-2 [PAI-2]) might affect placentation in early pregnancy...
- Maternal thyroid hormone parameters during early pregnancy and birth weight: the Generation R StudyMarco Medici
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:59-66. 2013..However, the effects of variation in maternal serum thyroid parameters within the normal range on birth weight are largely unknown...