Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Treatment of large low-grade oligodendroglial tumors with upfront procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine chemotherapy with long follow-up: a retrospective cohort study with growth kineticsWalter Taal
Department of Neuro Oncology Neurology, Erasmus MC Cancer Institute, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurooncol 121:365-72. 2015....
- Dose dense 1 week on/1 week off temozolomide in recurrent glioma: a retrospective studyWalter Taal
Department Neurology Neuro oncology Unit, Erasmus MC University Hospital Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurooncol 108:195-200. 2012..Our data do not suggest superior efficacy of this schedule as compared to the standard day 1-5 every 4 weeks schedule...
- [Favourable result for temozolomide in recurrent high-grade glioma]W Taal
Erasmus MC, locatie Daniel den Hoed Oncologisch Centrum, Postbus 5201, Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:1393-9. 2005..To describe the results of the treatment of recurrent glioma with temozolomide...
- Incidence of early pseudo-progression in a cohort of malignant glioma patients treated with chemoirradiation with temozolomideWalter Taal
Department of Neuro Oncology Neurology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 113:405-10. 2008..The occurrence of early pseudo-progression was retrospectively assessed in a cohort of malignant glioma patients treated with RT/TMZ...
- First-line temozolomide chemotherapy in progressive low-grade astrocytomas after radiotherapy: molecular characteristics in relation to responseWalter Taal
Department of Neuro Oncology Neurology, Erasmus MC, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neuro Oncol 13:235-41. 2011..01) and a methylated MGMT promoter (P = .02). We conclude that MGMT promoter methylation and IDH1 mutations seem to predict survival from the time of diagnosis, but not PFS to TMZ...
- IDH1 mutations in low-grade astrocytomas predict survival but not response to temozolomideH J Dubbink
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurology 73:1792-5. 2009....
- Two exceptional phenomena in an anaplastic oligo-astrocytomaM C J Hanse
Neuro Oncology Unit, Daniel den Hoed Oncology Center, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurooncol 78:197. 2006
- Clinical features, mechanisms, and management of pseudoprogression in malignant gliomasDieta Brandsma
Department of Neuro Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 9:453-61. 2008..Further research is needed to establish reliable imaging parameters that distinguish between true tumour progression and pseudoprogression or treatment-related necrosis...