Sjoerd P Niehof
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Thermography imaging during static and controlled thermoregulation in complex regional pain syndrome type 1: diagnostic value and involvement of the central sympathetic systemSjoerd P Niehof
Department of Pain Treatment, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Dr, Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biomed Eng Online 5:30. 2006..The secondary objective was to obtain information about the involvement of the sympathetic system in CRPS1...
- Increased endothelin-1 and diminished nitric oxide levels in blister fluids of patients with intermediate cold type complex regional pain syndrome type 1J George Groeneweg
Department of Anesthesiology, subdivision Pain Treatment Center, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:91. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the involvement of vasoactive substances endothelin-1 (ET-1) and nitric oxide (NO) during early chronic CRPS1...
- Reliability of observer assessment of thermographic images in complex regional pain syndrome type 1Sjoerd P Niehof
Department of Anaesthesiology, Division Pain Treatment Center, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop Belg 73:31-7. 2007..However, the reliability and repeatability of this assessment was rather low...
- Using skin surface temperature to differentiate between complex regional pain syndrome type 1 patients after a fracture and control patients with various complaints after a fractureSjoerd P Niehof
Department of Pain Treatment, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 106:270-7, table of contents. 2008..In this study, we assessed the validity of skin surface temperature recordings, based on various calculation methods applied to the thermographic data, to diagnose acute complex regional pain syndrome type 1 (CRPS1) fracture patients...
- Effect of tadalafil on blood flow, pain, and function in chronic cold complex regional pain syndrome: a randomized controlled trialGeorge Groeneweg
Department of Anesthesiology, Subdivision Pain Treatment Centre, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:143. 2008..This double-blind, randomized, controlled trial investigated the effect of the phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor tadalafil on the microcirculation in patients with cold Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) in one lower extremity...
- No recovery of cold complex regional pain syndrome after transdermal isosorbide dinitrate: a small controlled trialJ George Groeneweg
Pain Treatment Centre, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:401-8. 2009..This study does not show an improvement of the regional blood distribution by ISDN in the involved extremity of patients with cold-type CRPS...
- Skin conductance peaks could result from changes in vital parameters unrelated to painAbraham J Valkenburg
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 71:375-9. 2012..The aim of this pilot study was to test whether autoregulation of the skin temperature influences the skin conductance of pain-free infants...
- Cold-induced vasodilatation following traumatic median or ulnar nerve injuryAleid C J Ruijs
Department of Plastic, and the Department of Anesthesiology, Pain Treatment Centre, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hand Surg Am 36:986-93. 2011..In this study, we aimed to measure the influence of median or ulnar nerve injury on cold-induced vasodilatation (CIVD) during prolonged cooling at low temperatures...
- Rewarming patterns in hand fracture patients with and without cold intoleranceErnst S Smits
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hand Surg Am 36:670-6. 2011..In this study, we determined whether patients with and without cold intolerance after a hand fracture or healthy controls have a diminished rewarming after a cold stimulus...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6 are not correlated with the characteristics of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome type 1 in 66 patientsFeikje Wesseldijk
Pain Treatment Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Medical Centre, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Pain 12:716-21. 2008..Other inflammatory mediators and mechanisms, such as central sensitization, are probably involved in the early stages of CRPS1...
- Pathophysiological Mechanisms Involved in Vasomotor Disturbances in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Implications for Therapy: A ReviewMinke C Kortekaas
Department of Anesthesiology, Center for Pain Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pain Pract 16:905-14. 2016..Diagnostic tools to distinguish these underlying pathophysiological mechanisms of vasomotor disturbances would enable a mechanism-based treatment and improve clinical outcome. ..
- Rotterdam Advanced Multiple Plate: a novel method to measure cold hyperalgesia and allodynia in freely behaving rodentsLiron S Duraku
Department of Neuroscience, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
J Neurosci Methods 224:1-12. 2014..In addition the present outcome measure for temperature hypersensitivity in rodents is the examination of the hind paw lift upon exposure to a certain temperature, which reflects more a reflex-flexion than an experience of pain...
- Comparison of bilateral pulse arrival time before and after induced vasodilation by axillary blockMinke C Kortekaas
Department of Anaesthesiology, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 33:1993-2002. 2012..The mean-PAT of both arms were not significantly different for the three reference points. After AxB, PAT significantly increased for all reference points. PAT can be used for intra-subject comparison...
- Six years follow-up of the levels of TNF-alpha and IL-6 in patients with complex regional pain syndrome type 1Feikje Wesseldijk
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain Treatment Center, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mediators Inflamm 2008:469439. 2008..No correlation was found between the cytokines and the disease characteristics. These results indicate that IL-6 and TNF-alpha are only partially responsible for the signs and symptoms of CRPS1...