Martin J Heetveld
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Internal fixation versus arthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures: what is the evidence?Martin J Heetveld
Department of Surgery Kennemer Gasthuis Haarlem, The Netherlands
J Orthop Trauma 23:395-402. 2009..Randomized trials have shown THA to be a cost-effective treatment with lower revision rates than IF. THA may also appear to be superior to hemiarthroplasty in specific subgroups, but larger trials are needed to confirm this observation...
- Rating of internal fixation and clinical outcome in displaced femoral neck fractures: a prospective multicenter studyM J Heetveld
Trauma Unit, Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Orthop Relat Res 454:207-13. 2007..Adjudication of technique by independent rater(s) is useful, may have clinical implications, and should be performed routinely in future studies involving internal fixation in patients with displaced femoral neck fractures...
- [Large variation in indications for internal fixation or arthroplasty in displaced femoral neck fracture; results of a questionnaire distributed among general surgeons in 20 hospitals]M J Heetveld
Erasmus Medisch Centrum, afd Chirurgie en Traumatologie, 000 CA Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:984-91. 2005..To describe the treatment protocols for displaced femoral neck fractures in all 8 university hospitals (UH) and 12 general hospitals (GH)...
- Internal fixation for displaced fractures of the femoral neck. Does bone density affect clinical outcome?M J Heetveld
Trauma Unit, Department of Surgery Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:367-73. 2005..65). Our findings show that the clinical outcome of internal fixation for displaced fractures of the femoral neck does not depend on bone density and that pre-operative DEXA is not useful...
- Observer assessment of femoral neck radiographs after reduction and dynamic hip screw fixationMartin J Heetveld
Department of Trauma and General Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 125:160-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the extent of inter- and intraobserver agreement on technique, based on the methods in the literature, in a simulated daily practice setting...
- Cumulative incidence and treatment of non-simultaneous bilateral femoral neck fractures in a cohort of one thousand two hundred and fifty patientsPaul T P W Burgers
Trauma Research Unit Department of Surgery, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int Orthop 38:2335-42. 2014..The objectives of this study were to determine the cumulative incidence of non-simultaneous bilateral femoral neck fractures and to describe the patient characteristics and treatment characteristics of these patients...
- Mass casualty triage after an airplane crash near AmsterdamIngri L E Postma
Academic Medical Centre, Trauma Unit Department of Surgery, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Injury 44:1061-7. 2013..The results of the triage and the injuries of P3 casualties were evaluated. In addition, the role of the trauma mechanism and its effect on spinal immobilisation during transport was analysed...
- Patient distribution in a mass casualty event of an airplane crashIngri L E Postma
Academic Medical Center, Trauma Unit Department of Surgery, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Injury 44:1574-8. 2013..In this study we analysed the regional patient distribution protocol (PDP) and the actual patient distribution after the 2009 Turkish Airlines crash near Amsterdam...
- Adherence to a femoral neck fracture treatment guidelineStephanie M Zielinski
Department of Surgery Traumatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int Orthop 37:1327-34. 2013..We investigated to what extent treatment of femoral neck fracture patients in the Netherlands corresponded with these guidelines, and determined differences in patient characteristics between the treatment groups...
- Implant Removal After Internal Fixation of a Femoral Neck Fracture: Effects on Physical FunctioningStephanie M Zielinski
Trauma Research Unit, Department of Surgery, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, the Netherlands Department of Surgery, Kennemer Gasthuis, Haarlem, The Netherlands Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and Department of Emergency Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Orthop Trauma 29:e285-92. 2015..Characteristics of patients who had their implant removed were studied, as it is currently unknown from which type of patients implants are removed and what effect removal has on function...
- Femoral neck fractures: can physiologic status determine treatment choice?Martin J Heetveld
Trauma Unit, Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Orthop Relat Res 461:203-12. 2007..Although the revision rate was indeed low after hemiarthroplasty, treatment choice based on physiologic status does not substantially improve clinical decision making...
- February 2009 airplane crash at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport: an overview of injuries and patient distributionIngri L E Postma
Trauma Unit Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prehosp Disaster Med 26:299-304. 2011..The objective of this study was to describe the injuries and distribution of casualties resulting from the crash of Turkish Airlines flight TK 1951 near Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands on 25 of February 2009...
- Calcaneal fracture classification: a comparative studyTim Schepers
Department of Surgery Traumatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Foot Ankle Surg 48:156-62. 2009..The Sanders and Crosby classifications displayed comparable, moderate interobserver variability among surgeons and radiologists, and both of these systems are likely to be useful for classification of intra-articular calcaneal fractures...
- Clinical outcome scoring of intra-articular calcaneal fracturesTim Schepers
Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Department of Surgery Traumatology, The Netherlands
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:213-8. 2008..In conclusion, pending consensus, we would recommend choosing between the widely accepted, reliable and valid AOFAS hindfoot and the Maryland Foot Score as the scoring systems of choice...
- Current concepts in the treatment of intra-articular calcaneal fractures: results of a nationwide surveyT Schepers
Department of Surgery Traumatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int Orthop 32:711-5. 2008..5-30.7 million. Dutch intra-articular calcaneal fracture incidence is at least 0.4% of all fractures presenting to hospitals. Better insight into treatment modalities currently employed and costs in the Netherlands was obtained...
- Percutaneous treatment of displaced intra-articular calcaneal fracturesTim Schepers
Department of Surgery, Traumatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000, CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Orthop Sci 12:22-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term outcome of percutaneous treatment according to Forgon and Zadravecz in patients with displaced intra-articular calcaneal fractures...
- Spontaneous expulsion of a screw during urination: an unusual complication 9 years after internal fixation of pubic symphysis diastasisMartin J Heetveld
Department of Surgery, Sint Lucas Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Urology 61:645. 2003..Unstable plate fixation of the symphysis pubis probably caused screw migration into the bladder, creating a fistula with abscess formation and septic complications...
- Central coordination as an alternative for local coordination in a multicenter randomized controlled trial: the FAITH trial experienceStephanie M Zielinski
Dept, of Surgery Traumatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trials 13:5. 2012..This study was aimed to assess how these different trial management strategies affected trial performance...
- [Airplane crash near Schiphol Airport 25 February 2009: injuries and casualty distribution]Jasper Winkelhagen
Academisch Medisch Centrum Universiteit van Amsterdam, Afd Chirurgie Trauma Unit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A1064. 2010..To describe the injuries and distribution of casualties resulting from the crash of Turkish Airlines flight TK 1951 near Schiphol Airport on 25 February 2009...
- Results of ankle fractures with involvement of the posterior tibial marginJohan F Langenhuijsen
Department of General Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Trauma 53:55-60. 2002..In 57 trimalleolar fractures, the effect of size, internal fixation, and anatomic reduction of the posterior fragment on the prognosis was evaluated...
- Spontaneous urinary voiding of a metallic implant after operative fixation of the pubic symphysisRudolf W Poolman
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:645-6; author reply 645-6. 2004