J A Haagsma
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Community incidence of pathogen-specific gastroenteritis: reconstructing the surveillance pyramid for seven pathogens in seven European Union member statesJ A Haagsma
Centrum voor Infectieziektebestrijding, Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 141:1625-39. 2013..and Salmonella spp. Incidence estimates resulting from the pyramid reconstruction approach are adjusted for biases due to different surveillance systems and are therefore a better basis for international comparisons than reported data...
- Systematic review of general burden of disease studies using disability-adjusted life yearsSuzanne Polinder
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Popul Health Metr 10:21. 2012..abstract:..
- Systematic review of foodborne burden of disease studies: quality assessment of data and methodologyJuanita A Haagsma
Erasmus MC, Department of Public Health, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Food Microbiol 166:34-47. 2013..This harmonization can be achieved by identifying substantial data gaps and uncertainty and establish which sequelae of foodborne disease agents should be included in BoD calculations. ..
- Prevalence rate, predictors and long-term course of probable posttraumatic stress disorder after major trauma: a prospective cohort studyJuanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, CA, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 12:236. 2012..The second aim was to assess the long-term course of probable PTSD following injury...
- Improved and standardized method for assessing years lived with disability after injuryJ A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, PO Box 2040, Rotterdam 3000 CA, Netherlands
Bull World Health Organ 90:513-21. 2012..To develop a standardized method for calculating years lived with disability (YLD) after injury...
- Posttraumatic stress symptoms and health-related quality of life: a two year follow up study of injury treated at the emergency departmentJuanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 12:1. 2012..This study examined the association between PTSD symptoms and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in a comprehensive population of injury patients of all severity levels and external causes...
- A systematic review of studies measuring health-related quality of life of general injury populationsSuzanne Polinder
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 10:783. 2010..We performed a systematic review of studies measuring HRQL in general injury populations with a generic health state measure to summarize existing knowledge...
- Infectious disease risks associated with occupational exposure: a systematic review of the literatureJuanita A Haagsma
Laboratory for Zoonoses and Environmental Microbiology, Centre for Infectious Disease Control Netherlands, National Institute for Public Health and Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Occup Environ Med 69:140-6. 2012....
- The effect of comorbidity on health-related quality of life for injury patients in the first year following injury: comparison of three comorbidity adjustment approachesJuanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, P, O, Box 1738, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Popul Health Metr 9:10. 2011..abstract:..
- Beyond the neglect of psychological consequences: post-traumatic stress disorder increases the non-fatal burden of injury by more than 50%Juanita A Haagsma
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Inj Prev 17:21-6. 2011..Psychological consequences such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are currently neglected in burden-of-injury calculations...
- Disease burden of post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome in The NetherlandsJ A Haagsma
Laboratory for Zoonoses and Environmental Microbiology, Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 138:1650-6. 2010..PI-IBS is a frequent sequel of IID, resulting in a considerable disease burden compared to other outcomes. If this relationship is not considered, this will result in an underestimation of the disease burden of IID...
- Epidemiological burden of minor, major and fatal trauma in a national injury pyramidS Polinder
Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Centre, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 99:114-21. 2012..The aim of this study was to measure the total health impact of fatal and non-fatal unintentional injury in the Netherlands...
- A systematic review on the influence of pre-existing disability on sustaining injuryA Yung
Netherlands Institute for Health Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Centre for Health Protection, Department of Health, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Electronic address
Accid Anal Prev 62:199-208. 2014..To systematically review studies measuring the influence of pre-existing disability on the risk of sustaining an injury...
- The burden of 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) in the NetherlandsC C H Wielders
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Centre for Infectious Disease Control Netherlands, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Public Health 22:150-7. 2012..To guide future policy and control, these estimates are necessary. This study uses burden of disease measurements to assess the contribution of the pandemic influenza A(H1N1) virus to the overall burden of disease in the Netherlands...