Aleid van Wassenaer
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Outcome at 4.5 years of children born after expectant management of early-onset hypertensive disorders of pregnancyAleid G van Wassenaer
Department of Neonatology, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:510.e1-9. 2011..The objective of the study was to describe neurodevelopmental outcome at the age of 4.5 years in 216 children, born after expectant management of severe early-onset hypertensive complications of pregnancy...
- STRIDER: Sildenafil Therapy In Dismal prognosis Early-onset intrauterine growth Restriction--a protocol for a systematic review with individual participant data and aggregate data meta-analysis and trial sequential analysisWessel Ganzevoort
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Centre, Room H4 278, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Syst Rev 3:23. 2014..The first aim of this review is to assess whether sildenafil benefits or harms these babies. The second aim is to analyse if these effects are modified in a clinically meaningful way by factors related to the women or the trial protocol...
- Costs and effects of screening and treating low risk women with a singleton pregnancy for asymptomatic bacteriuria, the ASB studyBrenda M Kazemier
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:52. 2012..Antibiotic treatment is reported to decrease these adverse outcomes although the existing evidence is of poor quality...
- Preventing preterm birth with progesterone: costs and effects of screening low risk women with a singleton pregnancy for short cervical length, the Triple P studyMelanie A van Os
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:77. 2011..However, it is unknown whether screening for a short cervix and subsequent treatment in mid trimester pregnancy is effective in low risk women...
- Long-term health-related and economic consequences of short-term outcomes in evaluation of perinatal interventionsMargreet J Teune
Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:42. 2010..We would invite these researchers also to join our effort and to collaborate with us on the external validation of our prediction models...
- Thyroid function in preterm newborns; is T4 treatment required in infants < 27 weeks' gestational age?A G van Wassenaer
Emma Childrens Hospital AMC, Department of Neonatology and Experimental Pediatric Endocrinology
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 105:12-8. 1997..In conclusion. T4 treatment possibly improves developmental outcome in infants < 27 weeks' gestation, but seems not necessary beyond this gestational age...
- Trials with thyroid hormone in preterm infants: clinical and neurodevelopmental effectsAleid G van Wassenaer
Department of Neonatology, Emma Childrens Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Perinatol 32:423-30. 2008..Future trials should focus on neurodevelopmental outcomes. Continuous administration of thyroid hormone may be more effective than bolus administration...
- Neurodevelopmental consequences of being born SGAAleid van Wassenaer
Emma Children s Hospital AMC, Department of Neonatology, 1105AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 2:372-7. 2005....
- Ten-year follow-up of children born at <30 weeks' gestational age supplemented with thyroxine in the neonatal period in a randomized, controlled trialAleid G van Wassenaer
Department of Neonatology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 116:e613-8. 2005..We studied gestational age-dependent effects of T4 supplementation at the mean age of 10.5 years in children participating in our randomized, controlled trial...
- The quantity of thyroid hormone in human milk is too low to influence plasma thyroid hormone levels in the very preterm infantAleid G van Wassenaer
Department of Neonatology, Laboratory of Pediatric Endocrinology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 56:621-7. 2002..Both the influence of breast feeding on plasma thyroid hormone levels and the thyroid hormone concentration in preterm human milk were studied...
- Free thyroxine levels during the first weeks of life and neurodevelopmental outcome until the age of 5 years in very preterm infantsAleid G van Wassenaer
Department of Neonatology, Academic Medical Center, Emma Children s Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 110:534-9. 2002..T4 treatment was associated with better 5-year outcome in infants <29 weeks' gestation, but with worse outcome in infants of 29 weeks. These effects could be related to low, respectively high free thyroxine (FT4) levels..
- A neurobehavioral intervention and assessment program in very low birth weight infants: outcome at 24 monthsKaren Koldewijn
Department of Rehabilitation, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 156:359-65. 2010..To determine whether the Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program (IBAIP) improves development and behavior in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants at 24-month corrected age...
- The infant behavioral assessment and intervention program in very low birth weight infants; outcome on executive functioning, behaviour and cognition at preschool ageGijs Verkerk
Department of Rehabilitation, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Early Hum Dev 88:699-705. 2012..The Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program (IBAIP©) improved motor function at 24 months, and mental and behavioural development in high risk subgroups of very low birth weight (VLBW) infants...
- Infant behavioral assessment and intervention program in very low birth weight infants improves independency in mobility at preschool ageGijs Verkerk
Department of Rehabilitation, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 159:933-8.e1. 2011..To evaluate the effects of the Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program(©) (IBAIP) in very low birth weight infants on sensory processing and daily activities at preschool age...
- The Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program for very low birth weight infants at 6 months corrected ageKaren Koldewijn
Department of Rehabilitation, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 154:33-38.e2. 2009....
- The effect of the Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program on mother-infant interaction after very preterm birthDominique Meijssen
Pediatric Psychology, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:1287-95. 2010..In a multicenter randomized controlled trial the effect of IBAIP on mother-infant interaction was studied as a secondary outcome...
- The Infant Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Program to support preterm infants after hospital discharge: a pilot studyKaren Koldewijn
Department of Rehabilitation, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dev Med Child Neurol 47:105-12. 2005..At 6 months, intervention infants showed less stress and more approach behaviours on the IBA compared with control infants. These promising results warrant further evaluation in a randomized controlled trial...
- Early intervention in preterm infants after discharge from hospitalMarie Jeanne Wolf
Pediatrics 114:1738-9; author reply 1739. 2004