Clara P W Klerk
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Thrombosis prophylaxis in patient populations with a central venous catheter: a systematic reviewClara P W Klerk
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 163:1913-21. 2003..Central venous catheters (CVCs) are used in a wide variety of patients. Associated complications are thrombosis and infection. It is a matter of debate whether thromboprophylaxis is beneficial...
- The effect of low molecular weight heparin on survival in patients with advanced malignancyClara P W Klerk
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center F4 139, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:2130-5. 2005..In a double-blind study, we evaluated the effect of low molecular weight heparin on survival in patients with advanced malignancy without venous thromboembolism...
- Differential effects of anticoagulants on tumor development of mouse cancer cell lines B16, K1735 and CT26 in lungTatjana M H Niers
Department of Medical Oncology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:171-8. 2009..Fibrin content of the tumors was not affected by LMWH. It is concluded that effects of anticoagulants are dependent on cancer cell type and are correlated with their CD24 and PAR-1 expression...
- Antithrombotic therapy and cancerMarcello Di Nisio
Department of Vascular Medicine and of Oncology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Hematol 11:187-91. 2004..To assess the current evidence from recent clinical trials investigating antithrombotic agents for the prophylaxis and treatment of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients and for the effects of these agents on cancer progression...
- Validity of bioluminescence measurements for noninvasive in vivo imaging of tumor load in small animalsClara P W Klerk
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biotechniques 43:7-13, 30. 2007....