Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Adjuvant radiotherapy in patients with vulvar cancer and one intra capsular lymph node metastasis is not beneficialG Fons
Department of Gynaecologic Oncology of the Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 114:343-5. 2009..The aim of the study was to analyze the benefit from adjuvant radiotherapy in patients with vulvar cancer and a single positive node without extra capsular spread...
- Failure in the detection of the sentinel lymph node with a combined technique of radioactive tracer and blue dye in a patient with cancer of the vulva and a single positive lymph nodeG Fons
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 92:981-4. 2004..No detection failures have been published so far in vulvar cancer. We recently experienced failure in the detection of the sentinel lymph node in a patient with a positive lymph node...
- Validation of tissue microarray technology in endometrioid cancer of the endometriumGuus Fons
Academic Medical Centre, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 60:500-3. 2007..To validate tissue microarray (TMA) for endometrial cancer by comparing immunohistochemical staining results of triplicate core biopsies on TMA with the results of full-section analysis...
- Identification of potential prognostic markers for vulvar cancer using immunohistochemical staining of tissue microarraysGuus Fons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:188-93. 2007..In this test set, cyclooxygenase 2 and Caspase 3 seem to be immunohistochemical markers with prognostic significance for vulva cancer. The results have to be validated...
- Validation of tissue microarray technology in vulvar cancerGuus Fons
Department of Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:76-82. 2009..68 to 0.21. Agreement between results on TMA and slides depends on the distribution of the protein in the cancer tissue and on the scoring system used...
- Assessment of promising protein markers for vulva cancerGuus Fons
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:756-60. 2009....
- Prognostic value of bilateral positive nodes in squamous cell cancer of the vulvaGuus Fons
Department of Gynaecologic Oncology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1276-80. 2009..Second was to determine the prognostic significance of extracapsular spread irrespective of the number of lymph node metastases...
- The efficacy of hormonal treatment for residual or recurrent low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma. A retrospective studyTaghride Dahhan
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 144:80-4. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the objective response rate and response duration of hormonal treatment for recurrent or residual low-grade ESS in a consecutive series of patients...
- Long-term sexual function in survivors of vulvar cancer: a cross-sectional studyMenke H Hazewinkel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 126:87-92. 2012..To assess sexual function of vulvar cancer survivors who received extensive and less extensive treatment. To explore associations between sexual function and patient, disease, treatment, and psychological variables...
- Effectiveness of a hospital-based work support intervention for female cancer patients - a multi-centre randomised controlled trialSietske J Tamminga
Coronel Institute of Occupational Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e63271. 2013..We studied effectiveness of the intervention compared to usual care for female cancer patients in a multi-centre randomised controlled trial...
- Primary groin irradiation versus primary groin surgery for early vulvar cancerJacobus van der Velden
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, PO Box 22660, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1105 AZ
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD002224. 2011..Primary radiotherapy to the groin is expected to result in lower morbidity. However, studies on the efficacy of primary radiotherapy to the groin in terms of groin recurrences and survival show conflicting results...
- Imiquimod in the treatment of multifocal vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia 2/3. Results of a pilot studyManon van Seters
Department of Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Academic Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Reprod Med 47:701-5. 2002..To investigate the efficacy of topical treatment with imiquimod 5% cream, an immune response modifier, in patients with vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN) 2/3...