L M Brewster
Affiliation: Academic Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- [Dangerous fortune: creatine kinase and blood pressure]Lizzy M Brewster
Academisch Medisch Centrum, afd Interne en vasculaire geneeskunde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A5785. 2012..The enzyme that once improved the chance of survival has thus become a risk factor for premature cardiovascular mortality...
- Systematic review: antihypertensive drug therapy in patients of African and South Asian ethnicityLizzy M Brewster
Department of Vascular Medicine, F4 222, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intern Emerg Med 11:355-74. 2016....
- A community-based intervention for primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases in the slums of Nairobi: the SCALE UP study protocol for a prospective quasi-experimental community-based trialSamuel O Oti
African Population and Health Research Center, PO Box 10787 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Trials 14:409. 2013..This study aims to evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of one such intervention--the "Sustainable model for cardiovascular health by adjusting lifestyle and treatment with economic perspective in settings of urban poverty"...
- The association of leisure-time physical activity and active commuting with measures of socioeconomic position in a multiethnic population living in the Netherlands: results from the cross-sectional SUNSET studyJeroen S L de Munter
Department of Public Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 12:815. 2012....
- Why do hypertensive patients of African ancestry respond better to calcium blockers and diuretics than to ACE inhibitors and β-adrenergic blockers? A systematic reviewLizzy M Brewster
Departments of Internal and Vascular Medicine, F4 222, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, AZ, 1105, The Netherlands
BMC Med 11:141. 2013..Therefore, we systematically reviewed the factors associated with the differential drug response of patients of African ancestry to antihypertensive drug therapy...
- Ethnic differences in tissue creatine kinase activity: an observational studyLizzy M Brewster
Departments of Internal and Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e32471. 2012..As serum CK in healthy people is thought to occur from a proportional leak from normal tissues, we hypothesized that the black population subgroup has a generalized higher CK activity in tissues...
- Cardiovascular disease prevention in rural Nigeria in the context of a community based health insurance scheme: QUality Improvement Cardiovascular care Kwara-I (QUICK-I)Marleen Hendriks
Dept of Global Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:186. 2011....
- High salt meals in staff canteens of salt policy makers: observational studyL M Brewster
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 343:d7352. 2011..To assess the salt content of hot meals served at the institutions of salt policy makers in the Netherlands...
- Ethnic differences in resistance artery contractility of normotensive pregnant womenL M Brewster
Depts of Internal and Vascular Medicine, F4 222, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H431-6. 2010..These findings in normotensives may imply that the black population is at risk for a further incline in pregnancy-related hypertensive disorders...
- Low creatine kinase is associated with a high population incidence of faintingLizzy M Brewster
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Auton Res 19:231-6. 2009..The aim of this observational study was to explore the association of vasovagal syncope with low CK...
- 1C.11: CARDIOVASCULAR RISK PROFILE IN WOMEN WITH UTERINE FIBROIDS: THE HELISUR STUDYY Haan
1Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS 2Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital of Paramaribo, Paramaribo, SURINAM 3Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS 4Department of Public Health, Anton de Kom University of Suriname, Paramaribo, Surinam
J Hypertens 33:e12. 2015..However, little is known about the complete cardiovascular risk profile of women with fibroids. Therefore, we assessed the total cardiovascular risk profile of women with self-reported uterine fibroids...
- Creatine kinase inhibits ADP-induced platelet aggregationD L Horjus
Dept of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sci Rep 4:6551. 2014..Thus, creatine kinase reduces ADP-induced platelet activation. This may promote bleeding, in particular when patients use platelet P2Y12 ADP receptor inhibitors...