- Statins: panacea for sepsis?
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, Toronto, Canada
Lancet Infect Dis 6:242-8. 2006
- The evolution of intensive care unit performance assessment
Department of Critical Care Medicine, B 702 Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
J Crit Care 21:19-22. 2006
..Successful performance assessment requires the quantification of relevant indexes of performance. Although these indexes are increasingly being developed, it will be some time before widely recognized, validated systems are available...
- Statins, bugs and prophylaxis: intriguing possibilities
Department of Critical Care Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Crit Care 10:168. 2006
..Emerging data indicate a potential prophylactic role in these high-risk groups...
- Statins and sepsis: multiple modifications at multiple levels
Department of Critical Care Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 7:358-68. 2007
..This work establishes the biological plausibility needed for future trials of statins in critical illness...
- The interaction of vasopressin and corticosteroids in septic shock: a pilot randomized controlled trial
Anthony C Gordon
1Section of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom 2Centre for Perioperative Medicine and Critical Care Research, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom 3Imperial Clinical Trials Unit, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom 4Department of Critical Care, Warwick Clinical Trials Unit, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom 5Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, United Kingdom 6Division of Asthma, Allergy and Lung Biology, King s College London, London, United Kingdom 7Critical Care Medicine, Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Crit Care Med 42:1325-33. 2014
..We aimed to test for an interaction between vasopressin and corticosteroids in septic shock...
- The influence of statin exposure on inflammatory markers in patients with early bacterial infection: pilot prospective cohort study
Division of Asthma, Allergy and Lung Biology, King s College London, Department of Critical Care Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, 1st Floor, East Wing, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7EH UK
BMC Anesthesiol 14:106. 2014
..Our aims were to determine risk factors for progressive illness following infection in a low-risk hospitalised cohort, including the impact of prior stain therapy...
- Statin research in critical illness: hampered by poor trial design?
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Crit Care 13:1015. 2009
- Risk factors for acute organ failure in intensive care unit patients who receive respiratory support in the absence of non-respiratory organ failure: an international prospective cohort study
Division of Asthma, Allergy Lung Biology, School of Medicine, King s College London, St Thomas Street, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Crit Care 16:R61. 2012
..was: in a population of ICU patients receiving positive pressure respiratory support (invasive or non-invasive) in the absence of non-respiratory AOF, what is the 14-day incidence of, risk factors for and time to acute organ failure?..
- Statin therapy in critical illness: an international survey of intensive care physicians' opinions, attitudes and practice
Division of Asthma, Allergy and Lung Biology, King s College London, London, UK
BMC Clin Pharmacol 12:13. 2012
- Tissue saturation measurement--exciting prospects, but standardisation and reference data still needed
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London SE1 7EH, UK
Crit Care 14:169. 2010
..However, key methodological factors must be addressed before widespread clinical application...
- Do statins have a role in preventing or treating sepsis?
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Crit Care 10:113. 2006
..The stage is now set for randomized clinical trials that will determine the precise role, if any, that statins may have in preventing and treating sepsis...