A L Malisa
Affiliation: Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Artemisinin combination therapies price disparity between government and private health sectors and its implication on antimalarial drug consumption pattern in Morogoro Urban District, TanzaniaAllen Lewis Malisa
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Box 3038, Morogoro, Tanzaia
BMC Res Notes 5:165. 2012....
- Drug coverage in treatment of malaria and the consequences for resistance evolution--evidence from the use of sulphadoxine/pyrimethamineAllen L Malisa
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Sokoine University of Agriculture, SUA, PO Box 3038, Morogoro, Tanzania
Malar J 9:190. 2010..These models show that where the basis of resistance is multigenic, the effects of selection can be moderated by high recombination rates, which disrupt the associations between co-selected resistance genes...
- Knowledge and practices on malaria and its control among pastoralists in Simanjiro District, northern TanzaniaA L Malisa
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Sokoine University of Agriculture, P O Box 3038, Morogoro, Tanzania
Tanzan J Health Res 11:219-25. 2009..The study recommends that, an advocated pluralistic approach of ITN delivery which encourages a coordinated public private alliance is required to ensure equitable and large scale distribution of ITNs in the village...
- Molecular monitoring of resistant dhfr and dhps allelic haplotypes in Morogoro and Mvomero districts in south eastern TanzaniaA Malisa
Sokoine University of Agriculture, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Morogoro, Tanzania
Afr Health Sci 11:142-50. 2011..In Tanzania, SP use as a national policy began in 1983 as a second line to chloroquine (CQ) for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria, until August 2001 when it was approved to replace CQ as a national first line...
- The evolution of pyrimethamine resistant dhfr in Plasmodium falciparum of south-eastern Tanzania: comparing selection under SP alone vs SP+artesunate combinationAllen L Malisa
Sokoine University of Agriculture, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Box 3038, Morogoro, Tanzania
Malar J 10:317. 2011..Second, by examining whether de-novo mutant alleles emerged under either treatment. Finally, by measuring diversity at three dhfr flanking microsatellite loci upstream of the dhfr gene...