- Numerical study of the performance improvement of the APSK transmission system using zero-nulling method
National Sun Yat Sen University, No 70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung 80424 Taiwan ROC
Opt Express 16:384-9. 2008
..A demerit of the zero-nulling method is a reduction of the total capacity. This paper described the effectiveness of the zero-nulling method when the total capacity of the system was identical...
- Impact of dispersion map design upon transmission performance of long-haul RZ-DPSK system using dispersion flattened fiber
National Sun Yat Sen University, No 70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung 80424 Taiwan
Opt Express 18:8332-7. 2010
..As a result, number of dispersion blocks has a significant impact upon the transmission performance, and reduction of the number improves the nonlinear tolerance of the system...
- A theoretical study of the effect of zero-crossing points within the dispersion map upon a longhaul RZ-DPSK system
National Sun Yat Sen University, No 70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung 80424 Taiwan, R O C
Opt Express 16:6163-9. 2008
..It was observed that increasing the number of zero-crossing points in the dispersion map combined with the self phase modulation (SPM) caused the performance degradation near the system zero dispersion wavelength...
- Possible scenario for upgrading long-haul undersea optical fiber cable system using RZ-DPSK modulation format
National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Opt Express 16:11393-8. 2008
..The results show that it is possible to double the capacity of the long-haul undersea system using the RZ-DPSK modulation combined with the dispersion map modification...
- A theoretical investigation of the long-haul RZ-DPSK system performance using DFF and NZDSF
National Sun Yat Sen University, No 70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung, 80424 Taiwan, ROC
Opt Express 17:6032-7. 2009
..The result shows that the merit of the DFF is fully utilized when the repeater output power is high enough...
- Bit-rate dependent performance degradation of the long-haul RZ-DPSK system using block type dispersion map
National Sun Yat Sen University, No 70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung 80424 Taiwan, ROC
Opt Express 17:14511-6. 2009
..The existence of the hole did not depend on the spectral efficiency of the system, but it depended on the bit-rate. The hole existed for lower bit-rate up to 5 Gbit/s, but disappeared more than about 15 Gbit/s...
- A theoretical study of OFDM system performance with respect to subcarrier numbers
National Sun Yat Sen University, No70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung, 80424 Taiwan ROC
Opt Express 17:18638-42. 2009
..The reason of the improvement could be attributed to the nonlinear impairment reduction through the peak to average power ratio (PAPR) reduction...
- Mode multiplexer for multimode transmission in multimode fibers
Chin ping Yu
Department of Photonics, Institute of Electro Optical Engineering, and Advanced Crystal Opto electronic Research Center, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan 80424, Taiwan
Opt Express 19:12673-8. 2011
..We have also discussed the effect of the distance and size of the SMFs in the mode coupler on the performance of the proposed mode multiplexer...