Jyh Yuan Yang
Affiliation: Center for Disease Control
- Neutralizing antibody response and SARS severityMei Shang Ho
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1730-7. 2005..013), and were more likely to be > 60 years of age (Fisher exact test, p = 0.01). Our findings have implications for understanding the pathogenesis of SARS and for SARS vaccine research and development...
- Genetic diversity and C2-like subgenogroup strains of enterovirus 71, Taiwan, 2008Yuan Pin Huang
Research and Diagnostic Center, Centers for Disease Control, Department of Health, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Virol J 7:277. 2010..Human enterovirus 71 (EV-71) is known of having caused numerous outbreaks of hand-foot-mouth disease, and other clinical manifestations globally. In 2008, 989 EV-71 strains were isolated in Taiwan...
- Evaluation of antibody responses against SARS coronaviral nucleocapsid or spike proteins by immunoblotting or ELISALi Rung Huang
Graduate Institute of Microbiology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Med Virol 73:338-46. 2004..Antibodies against SARS-CoV N protein appear at the early stage of infection, therefore, N protein-based ELISA could serve as a simple, sensitive, and specific test for diagnosing SARS-CoV infection...
- Sensitive and quantitative detection of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection by real-time nested polymerase chain reactionShih Sheng Jiang
Division of Molecular and Genomic Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Infect Dis 38:293-6. 2004..Of the 17 positive results, 2 identified by our method were not detected by single-round, real-time RT-PCR, which suggests that real-time nested PCR has the potential for increased sensitivity, leading to earlier detection of SARS...
- Detection of SARS-associated coronavirus in throat wash and saliva in early diagnosisWei Kung Wang
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1213-9. 2004....
- Slow decline of hepatitis B burden in general population: Results from a population-based survey and longitudinal follow-up study in TaiwanChi Ling Chen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Hepatol 63:354-63. 2015..We conducted analysis to determine the total and changing burden of chronic HBV infection and evaluate the serological status between vaccinated and unvaccinated in Taiwan...
- Nasopharyngeal shedding of severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus is associated with genetic polymorphismsWei Ju Chen
Institute of Biomedical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Infect Dis 42:1561-9. 2006..Because all infected individuals were devoid of preeexisting protective immunity against SARS-CoV, the biological basis for the variable virus burdens in different patients remains elusive...
- Antibody-dependent SARS coronavirus infection is mediated by antibodies against spike proteinsSheng Fan Wang
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan Center for Infectious Disease and Cancer Research, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 451:208-14. 2014..The data raise new questions regarding a potential SARS-CoV vaccine, while shedding light on mechanisms involved in SARS pathogenesis. ..
- Application of serologic assays for diagnosing acute hepatitis E in national surveillance of a nonendemic areaWen Chieh Wu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Med Virol 86:720-8. 2014..1%). In conclusion, anti-HEV IgM ELISA is a good screening test for the national surveillance of acute HEV infection in nonendemic areas and not limited by inconsistent performances of sensitivity and specificity among different assays...