- Clinicopathological significance of the expression of estrogen receptor-beta and vascular endothelial growth factor-A in colorectal cancer
Department of General Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, Michigan, USA
Am Surg 78:1376-82. 2012
..Colorectal cancers do not express ERα or PR. ERβ may have a protective role, especially in females. VEGF-A may have a role in tumorigenesis. Nevertheless, ERβ and VEGF-A cannot be used as prognostic markers...
- Colorectal cancer: are the "young" being overlooked?
Department of Surgery, Level 2, DePaul Building, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, 16001 West Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI, USA
Am J Surg 205:312-6; discussion 316. 2013
..Colorectal cancer (CRC) is increasing in young patients. We aimed to assess the trends of CRC and its corresponding clinical presentation in the young...
- The utility of the ABS in-training examination (ABSITE) score forms: percent correct and percentile score in the assessment of surgical residents
Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, MI, USA
J Surg Educ 69:554-8. 2012
..It is of interest to note how residency programs utilize the different forms of ABSITE scores in assessment of surgical residents for progression in training. We conducted a survey of program directors to ascertain the present situation...
- Generic outpatient referrals: why don't GPs make them?
Department of Surgery, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Armthorpe Road, Doncaster DN2 5LT, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 28:218-20. 2006
..This study assessed GP's referral patterns across a metropolitan health authority, which has actively encouraged generic referrals...
- Improving surgical resident's performance in the American Board of Surgery in Training Examination (ABSITE)--do review courses help? The program directors' perspective
Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, Michigan 48075, USA
J Surg Educ 68:24-8. 2011
..Commercial American Board of Surgery in Training examination (ABSITE) review courses are flourishing and may seem to be filling the gap in didactic education...
- Management of enterocutaneous fistulae: A 10 years experience
Deepa Taggarshe, Daniel Bakston, Michael Jacobs, Alasdair McKendrick, Vijay K Mittal, Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, 16001 West Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075, United States
World J Gastrointest Surg 2:242-6. 2010
..To compare the outcomes of conservative vs surgical treatment of enterocutaneous fistulae (ECF) in a community teaching hospital over a decade...