Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Glucose intolerance and associated factors in the multi-ethnic population of the United Arab Emirates: results of a national surveyM Malik
Ministry of Health, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 69:188-95. 2005..To determine the prevalence of diabetes and impaired fasting glycaemia (IFG) and associated conditions such as obesity and hypertension, in the multi-ethnic, adult population of the United Arab Emirates in 1999-2000...
- Global burden of diabetes, 1995-2025: prevalence, numerical estimates, and projectionsH King
Division of Noncommunicable Diseases, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Diabetes Care 21:1414-31. 1998..e., the years 1995, 2000, and 2025, and to calculate additional parameters, such as sex ratio, urban-rural ratio, and the age structure of the diabetic population...
- Epidemiology of glucose intolerance and associated factors in Uzbekistan: a survey in Sirdaria provinceH King
Division of Noncommunicable Diseases DIAB, World Health Organization, 1211 27, Geneva, Switzerland
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 55:19-27. 2002..85 or above for women and 0.95 or above for men). Of these, one-third had coexisting glucose intolerance. It is concluded that glucose intolerance and central obesity are common in this rural Central Asian community...
- Diabetes in adults is now a Third World problem. The WHO Ad Hoc Diabetes Reporting GroupH King
Diabetes and Other Noncommunicable Diseases Unit, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 69:643-8. 1991..3) It is the populations in developing countries, and the minority or disadvantaged communities in the industrialized countries who now face the greatest risk.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Impact of poverty on the prevalence of diabetes and its complications in urban southern IndiaA Ramachandran
Diabetes Research Centre and M V Hospital for Diabetes, Royapuram, Chennai, India
Diabet Med 19:130-5. 2002..The impact of poverty on the profile of diabetes and its complications was studied...
- Glucose intolerance and associated factors in Mongolia: results of a national surveyJ Suvd
Department of Endocrinology, National Medical University of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Diabet Med 19:502-8. 2002..Prevalence of glucose intolerance-diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT)-and of related conditions such as obesity and hypertension, was studied in six population samples in Mongolia in 1999...
- BMI compared with central obesity indicators in relation to diabetes and hypertension in AsiansR Nyamdorj
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1622-35. 2008..To compare BMI with waist circumference (WC), waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), and waist-to-stature ratio (WSR) in association with diabetes or hypertension...