Affiliation: World Health Organization
- The global status of schistosomiasis and its controlL Chitsulo
Communicable Diseases Prevention and Control Department, Division of Control of Tropical Diseases, World Health Organization, CH 1211 27, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Trop 77:41-51. 2000..There is need for increased support for schistosomiasis control in the most severely affected countries...
- Preventive chemotherapy in human helminthiasis: theoretical and operational aspectsA F Gabrielli
Department of Control of Neglected Tropical Diseases NTD, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 105:683-93. 2011....
- Development and validation of a 'tablet pole' for the administration of praziquantel in sub-Saharan AfricaA Montresor
World Health Organization, Diseases Control, Prevention and Eradication, Parasitic Diseases and Vector Control, Avenue Appia 20, CH 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 95:542-4. 2001..In more than 98% of the cases the indicated dose was within the range that has proven efficacious and safe (30 and 60 mg/kg)...
- The global epidemiological situation of schistosomiasis and new approaches to control and researchD Engels
Parasitic Diseases and Vector Control, Communicable Diseases Control, Prevention and Eradication, World Health Organization, CH 1211 27, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Trop 82:139-46. 2002..Related to this new vision, some research needs are pointed out...
- SchistosomiasisL Chitsulo
Nat Rev Microbiol 2:12-3. 2004
- Antimalarials during pregnancy: a cost-effectiveness analysisL J Schultz
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Bull World Health Organ 73:207-14. 1995..In areas hyperendemic for CQ-resistant P. falciparum, a two-dose SP regimen is a cost-effective intervention to reduce LBW incidence and it should be included as part of the antenatal care package...