Affiliation: University Hospital
- Effects of relaxation on psychobiological wellbeing during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trialCorinne Urech
University Hospital Basel, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Division of Gynaecological Social Medicine and Psychosomatics, Basel, Switzerland
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1348-55. 2010..GI was especially effective in inducing self-reported relaxation in pregnant women while at the same time reducing cardiovascular activity...
- Response to induced relaxation during pregnancy: comparison of women with high versus low levels of anxietyJudith Alder
Ob Gyn, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 18:13-21. 2011..043). Although relaxation exercises have become a standard intervention for individuals with anxiety, pregnant women with high levels of trait anxiety benefited less than women with low levels from a single standardized relaxation period...
- Antenatal psychobiological predictors of psychological response to childbirthJudith Alder
University Hospital Basel, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 17:417-25. 2011..Several psychological and obstetric predictors of a negative childbirth experience and traumatic response to delivery have been identified. However, the influence of antepartum physiological stress parameters has not been elucidated...
- Identification of antenatal depression in obstetric careJudith Alder
University Women s Hospital, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:1403-9. 2011..The present study aimed at identifying commonly assessed patient characteristics that are associated with antenatal depression...
- The effect of migration background on obstetric performance in SwitzerlandJudith Alder
University Women s Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 13:103-8. 2008..Population-based analysis to compare perinatal outcome between immigrant women and women from the Western industrialized world (WIW)...
- Internet-based stress management for women with preterm labour--a case-based experience reportSandra Scherer
Women s University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Womens Ment Health 17:593-600. 2014..This study examines the applicability of an online intervention for pregnant women with PTL. The case report illustrates how adequate low-threshold psychological support could be provided to these women. ..
- Relaxation during pregnancy: what are the benefits for mother, fetus, and the newborn? A systematic review of the literatureNadine S Fink
Department of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 26:296-306. 2012..Identifying pregnant women at risk and instituting treatment early in pregnancy could improve obstetric and developmental outcomes for both the mother and her fetus...
- Sexual dysfunction after premenopausal stage I and II breast cancer: do androgens play a role?Judith Alder
University Hospital Basel, Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Basel, Switzerland
J Sex Med 5:1898-906. 2008..However, androgen metabolites constitute a more reliable measure for total androgen activity...