Affiliation: University Hospital
- Prevalence and predictors of premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder in a population-based sampleSibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:485-94. 2010....
- Pregnant women's perception of cesarean section on demandSibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Basel, Switzerland
J Perinat Med 37:251-6. 2009....
- Prenatal counseling--implications of the cultural background of pregnant women on information processing, emotional response and acceptanceS Tschudin
University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ultraschall Med 32:E100-7. 2011..The aim was to investigate cultural differences in information processing, test interpretation, evaluation of an established information leaflet, emotional response during screening and acceptance of PND...
- The interrelation between premenstrual syndrome and major depression: results from a population-based sampleChristine Forrester-Knauss
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute Swiss TPH, Socinstr, 57, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 11:795. 2011....
- Previous birth experience and birth anxiety: predictors of caesarean section on demand?Sibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 30:175-80. 2009..Our objectives were to identify medical and psychological predictors pertaining to the decision for CS on demand...
- Psychological aspects of fertility preservation in men and women affected by cancer and other life-threatening diseasesSibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Basel, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Hum Reprod Update 15:587-97. 2009....
- [Pregnant women's assessment and level of knowledge of prenatal counseling]S Tschudin
Frauenklinik, Universitatsspital, Spitalstrasse 21, Basel
Ultraschall Med 30:157-62. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate whether and to what extent pregnant women understand the information provided by their physicians...
- Contraceptive counseling by gynecologists--which issues are discussed and does gender play a role?Sibil Tschudin
University Women s Hospital Basel, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 28:13-9. 2007..Explorative pilot study with the aim of gaining insight into the contraceptive counseling practices and possible gender differences of a selected group of male and female gynecologists...
- Restoration of virginity: women's demand and health care providers' response in SwitzerlandSibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Sex Med 10:2334-42. 2013..The practice of hymen reconstruction constitutes a challenge for health care providers in medical, ethical, judicial, social, and cultural dimensions, for which they are not well prepared...
- Psychosomatics in obstetrics and gynecology - evaluation of a compulsory standardized teaching programSibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 34:108-15. 2013....
- Psychological management of pregnancy-related breast cancerRosanna Zanetti-Dällenbach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Breast 15:S53-9. 2006..The delicate balance between oncological care for the mother with a high-risk disease and a high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care for the foetus is outlined, including regular talks about emotions and concerns...
- Round-table multidisciplinary counselling of couples with HIV prior to assisted reproductionSibil Tschudin
Women s Hospital, University of Basel, Switzerland
Reprod Biomed Online 17:167-74. 2008..The responding couples considered the meetings to be clarifying and helpful and they felt respected. It is concluded that the round-table multidisciplinary meeting approach is a feasible option for HIV-affected couples with infertility...
- Young women with breast cancer: how many are actually candidates for fertility preservation?Rebecca Moffat
Clinic for Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Women s Hospital, University Hospital Basel UHB, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 286:1521-7. 2012..We aimed to identify how many patients are actually potential candidates for FP and how many patients might consequently use their cryopreserved gametes to achieve pregnancy...
- Sexual counseling in elderly couplesJohannes Bitzer
Division of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology and Sexual Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Sex Med 5:2027-43. 2008....
- [Communication in obstetrics]Anja Gairing Bürglin
Frauenklinik, Universitatsspital Basel
Ther Umsch 65:653-6. 2008..In cases of emergency a smooth communication is essential for a successful outcome. We present various conversational situations related to practice, which shall help improve communicational competence...
- Internet-based stress management for women with preterm labour--a case-based experience reportSandra Scherer
Women s University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Womens Ment Health 17:593-600. 2014..This study examines the applicability of an online intervention for pregnant women with PTL. The case report illustrates how adequate low-threshold psychological support could be provided to these women. ..
- Post-traumatic symptoms after childbirth: what should we offer?Judith Alder
Women s Hospital, University Clinic Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 27:107-12. 2006..This article presents a multilevel counseling approach including postnatal counseling and counseling in a subsequent pregnancy...
- Decision-making about fertility preservation-qualitative data on young cancer patients' attitudes and needsVerena Ehrbar
Gyn Social Medicine and Psychosomatics, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Womens Ment Health 19:695-9. 2016..Religious and ethical reservations were not negligible. Standardized decision aids were considered helpful. More support is highly in demand and specific tools would be beneficial. ..
- Maternal request: a reason for rising rates of cesarean section?Andrea Kottmel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Nidwalden, Stans, Switzerland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 286:93-8. 2012..The rising rate of cesarean sections (CS), especially those on maternal request, is an important obstetric care issue. The aim of this two-point cross-sectional study was to evaluate the prevalence of CS and their indications...
- Correlates of fertility issues in an internet survey of cancer survivorsSibil Tschudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 31:150-7. 2010....
- Maternal and neonatal infections and obstetrical outcome in water birthRosanna A Zanetti-Daellenbach
Women s University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 134:37-43. 2007..The goal of our study was to assess the effect of water birth on obstetrical outcome, the maternal and neonatal infection rate in a selected low risk collective...
- Reproductive health care for asylum-seeking women - a challenge for health professionalsElisabeth Kurth
Institute of Nursing Science, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 10:659. 2010..We also investigated how the health professionals involved perceived the experience of providing health care for these patients...