Affiliation: University Hospital
- Survival of influenza virus on banknotesYves Thomas
Central Laboratory of Virology, Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3002-7. 2008..The unexpected stability of influenza virus in this nonbiological environment suggests that unusual environmental contamination should be considered in the setting of pandemic preparedness...
- Lower respiratory viral illnesses: improved diagnosis by molecular methods and clinical impactJorge Garbino
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Central Laboratory of Virology, University Hospitals of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:1197-203. 2004..These viruses were associated with high morbidity, particularly in lung transplant recipients...
- Pilot Evaluation of RT-PCR/Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (PLEX-ID/Flu assay) on Influenza-Positive SpecimensSamuel Cordey
Swiss National Reference Centre for Emerging Viral Diseases, University of Geneva Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Open Virol J 6:64-7. 2012....
- Simultaneous detection of parainfluenza viruses 1 and 3 by real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionSamuel Cordey
Laboratory of Virology, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Geneva Hospitals, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Virol Methods 156:166-8. 2009..The HPIV-1+3 combination constitutes a more rapid, more sensitive, and less expensive alternative than classical or multiplex real-time RT-PCR assays usually used in clinical laboratories...
- Upper-respiratory viral infection, biomarkers, and COPD exacerbationsOmar Kherad
Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva s University Hospitals and University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Chest 138:896-904. 2010..The usefulness of procalcitonin and C-reactive protein as indicators of the presence or absence of viral infection in this setting also needs to be evaluated...
- Transmission and effect of multiple clusters of seasonal influenza in a Swiss geriatric hospitalLeonardo Pagani
Infectious Diseases Unit, Bolzano Central Hospital, Bolzano, Italy Infection Control Program, University of Geneva Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
J Am Geriatr Soc 63:739-44. 2015..To investigate a nosocomial outbreak of influenza...
- Amplicon sequencing and improved detection of human rhinovirus in respiratory samplesChristelle Deffernez
Central Laboratory of Virology, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospitals of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Clin Microbiol 42:3212-8. 2004..By sequencing the 5' noncoding regions of rhinoviruses recovered from clinical specimens, we designed probes that could specifically detect rhinovirus...