Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Patient information and informed consent in orthopaedic surgery: is it possible?]D Suva
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 7:2475-7. 2011..The models of communication that favor the partnership offer the best compromise between the principles of patient autonomy and that which benefits the treatment, allowing the patient to make the best decision...
- Differential impact of a crew resource management program according to professional specialtyDomizio Suva
Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Am J Med Qual 27:313-20. 2012..Crew resource management is valuable in improving operating room staff knowledge regarding teamwork, safety climate, and stress recognition. However, program impact varies with participant specialty...
- [Patient information before hip replacement: positive effects of group-session patient education prior to total hip replacement]Domizio Suva
Service de chirurgie orthopédique et traumatologie de l appareil motoeur, HUG Genève
Rev Med Suisse 3:2878-81. 2007..Patients were mostly concerned about the prosthesis, the recovery period and the anaesthesia. In conclusion, such a patient-centered approach efficiently complements the usual medical interview...
- [Dislocation of a total hip prosthesis: etiology and treatment]D Suva
Service de chirurgie orthopedique et traumatologie de l appareil moteur, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 5:2544-8, 2550. 2009..Patients in which a specific cause can be identified have better results after surgical revision. When no causal factor is detected several surgical options are possible, but the results are less consistent...
- [From aviation to surgery: the challenge of safety]D Suva
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologie de l apparel Moteur Départment D anesthémiologie Clinique
Rev Med Suisse 7:670-3. 2011..In October 2009 we introduced a CRM course within the department of surgery at the Geneva University Hospitals. We are presenting this program as well as the first results following its application...
- Short duration of antibiotic prophylaxis in open fractures does not enhance risk of subsequent infectionN Dunkel
Geneva University Hospitals, 4 rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Bone Joint J 95:831-7. 2013..Even for grade III fractures, a one-day course of prophylactic antibiotics might be as effective as prolonged prophylaxis...
- [Open fractures of the tibia in the adult: surgical treatment and complications]R Kohlprath
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie de l Appareil Moteur, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 7:2482, 2484-8. 2011....