Thomas M Suter
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Trastuzumab-associated cardiac adverse effects in the herceptin adjuvant trialThomas M Suter
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 25:3859-65. 2007..The purpose of this analysis was to investigate trastuzumab-associated cardiac adverse effects in breast cancer patients after completion of (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy...
- Cancer drugs and the heart: importance and managementThomas M Suter
Department of Cardiology, Bern University Hospital, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 34:1102-11. 2013..This review discusses concepts for timely diagnosis, intervention, and surveillance of cancer patients undergoing treatment, and provides approaches to clinical uncertainties...
- Cancer therapy-associated cardiotoxicity and signaling in the myocardiumChristian Zuppinger
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:141-6. 2010..Subsequently, the role of endothelial-myocardial communication in maintaining phenotype and survival of adult cardiomyocytes has increasingly been recognized...
- Inhibition of ErbB2 by receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors causes myofibrillar structural damage without cell death in adult rat cardiomyocytesLaura Pentassuglia
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 315:1302-12. 2009..Clinical studies using ErbB2-targeted inhibitors for the treatment of cancer should be designed to include careful monitoring for cardiac dysfunction...
- Cancer therapy modulates VEGF signaling and viability in adult rat cardiac microvascular endothelial cells and cardiomyocytesManuel Chiusa
Bern University Hospital, Cardiology, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:1164-75. 2012..In conclusion, these data suggest that cancer therapy with anthracyclines modulates VEGF-A release and its cellular receptors in CMEC and ARVM, and therefore alters paracrine signaling in the myocardium...
- Effects of doxorubicin cancer therapy on autophagy and the ubiquitin-proteasome system in long-term cultured adult rat cardiomyocytesPolychronis Dimitrakis
Cardiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Cell Tissue Res 350:361-72. 2012..This mechanism might contribute to the late cardiotoxicity of anthracyclines by accelerated aging of the postmitotic adult cardiomyocytes and to the susceptibility of the aging heart to anthracycline cancer therapy...
- The role of cell death and myofibrillar damage in contractile dysfunction of long-term cultured adult cardiomyocytes exposed to doxorubicinFrancesco Timolati
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Cytotechnology 61:25-36. 2009..We propose, that myofibrillar damage contributes to contractile dysfunction prior to cell death in adult cardiomyocytes exposed to clinically relevant concentrations of anthracyclines...
- Development and Characterization of a Scaffold-Free 3D Spheroid Model of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Human CardiomyocytesPhilippe Beauchamp
1 Department of Clinical Research, Cardiology, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 21:852-61. 2015....
- Pathophysiology and diagnosis of cancer drug induced cardiomyopathyChristian Zuppinger
Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, Cardiology, Inselspital, University Hospital, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Toxicol 7:61-6. 2007....