Luregn Jan Schlapbach
Affiliation: University Hospital
- [A young child with acute abdomen and iron deficiency anemia]L Schlapbach
Medizinische Universitats Kinderklinik, Inselspital, Universitatsspital Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:913-6. 2006..Perforation and anemia due to occult bleeding are unusual presentations of Meckel's diverticulum. The differential diagnosis of children presenting with an acute abdomen with special focus on Meckel's diverticulum is discussed...
- [Floppy baby with macrocytic anemia and vegan mother]L J Schlapbach
Medizinische Universitats Kinderklinik, Inselspital, Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:1309-14. 2007....
- M-ficolin in the neonatal period: Associations with need for mechanical ventilation and mortality in premature infants with necrotising enterocolitisLuregn J Schlapbach
Department of Pediatrics, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Mol Immunol 46:2597-603. 2009..M-, L- and H-ficolins recognize microorganisms and activate the complement system, but their role in host defense is largely unknown. This study investigated whether ficolin concentrations are associated with NEC...
- H-ficolin serum concentration and susceptibility to fever and neutropenia in paediatric cancer patientsL J Schlapbach
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Clin Exp Immunol 157:83-9. 2009..Low H-ficolin thus represents a novel risk factor for chemotherapy-related infections...
- Differential role of the lectin pathway of complement activation in susceptibility to neonatal sepsisLuregn J Schlapbach
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 51:153-62. 2010..The decreased expression of lectin pathway proteins in neonates must be considered to be an additional form of neonatal immunodeficiency...
- Fatal pulmonary embolism in a premature neonate after twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeLuregn Jan Schlapbach
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Pediatrics 126:e483-7. 2010..This case suggests that thrombotic events are underdiagnosed and that additional studies are needed to define infants at risk and optimal treatment strategies...
- M-ficolin in children with cancerLuregn J Schlapbach
Department of Pediatrics, Inselspital, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Immunobiology 216:633-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to explore association of M-ficolin with clinical and hematological parameters, and to investigate whether the risk of chemotherapy-related infections was related to M-ficolin concentrations in serum...
- Cardiomegaly in a premature neonate after venous umbilical catheterizationLuregn Jan Schlapbach
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Eur J Pediatr 168:107-9. 2009..The prompt removal of catheters and, if signs of cardiac tamponade are present, emergency pericardiocentesis may prove to be life-saving...
- Mannose-binding lectin cord blood levels and respiratory symptoms during infancy: a prospective birth cohort studyLuregn Jan Schlapbach
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Berne, Berne CH 3010, Switzerland
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 20:219-26. 2009..Instead, high cord blood MBL levels may represent a so far unrecognized risk factor for respiratory morbidity in infants of asthmatic parents...