Affiliation: University Hospital
- Cerebrospinal fluid density influences extent of plain bupivacaine spinal anesthesiaEduardo Schiffer
Division of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 96:1325-30. 2002..The ancillary endpoints were search of factors explaining the interindividual differences in cerebrospinal fluid density values reported and determination of the relation between upper extent and regression of spinal anesthesia...
- Hepatopulmonary syndrome increases the postoperative mortality rate following liver transplantation: a prospective study in 90 patientsE Schiffer
Service d anesthésiologie, Département APSI, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Transplant 6:1430-7. 2006..In conclusion, our study shows a high postoperative mortality rate following OLT even though the preoperative PaO(2) was >50 mmHg in all HPS patients transplanted...
- Hypocomplementemic panniculitis with paraproteinM Kondo-Oestreicher
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Rheumatol 27:1091-5. 2000..The association of recurrent panniculitis and paraproteinemia-hypocomplementemia has been described in 2 other patients. It should be recognized since its response to steroids is immediate...
- Assessing cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea: a two-dimensional electrophoresis approachP R Burkhard
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Electrophoresis 22:1826-33. 2001..These preliminary results suggest that a 2-DE-based multimarker approach is a valid, sensitive, and specific method to assess the presence of CSF in occult rhinorrhea...
- Comparison of the Glidescope, the McGrath, the Airtraq and the Macintosh laryngoscopes in simulated difficult airways*G L Savoldelli
Department of Anaesthesia, Geneva University Hospitals, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Anaesthesia 63:1358-64. 2008..Differences existed between indirect devices. The Airtraq consistently provided the most rapid intubation. Laryngeal grade views were superior with the Airtraq and McGrath than with the Glidescope...
- A prospective, randomized, single-blind comparison of laparoscopic versus open sigmoid colectomy for diverticulitisPascal Gervaz
Departments of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital and Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Surg 252:3-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare open and laparoscopic sigmoid resection for diverticulitis with the patient and the nursing staff blinded to the surgical approach...
- Learning curves of the Glidescope, the McGrath and the Airtraq laryngoscopes: a manikin studyGeorges L Savoldelli
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Eur J Anaesthesiol 26:554-8. 2009..Using a manikin with normal airways we compared the Glidescope, the McGrath, the Airtraq and the Macintosh laryngoscopes...
- Use of the Airtraq as the primary technique to manage anticipated difficult airway: a report of three casesGeorges L Savoldelli
Service d Anesthésiolgie, Département APSI, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Anesth 20:474-7. 2008..The use of this device as the primary technique to manage the airway of three patients with a previous history of difficult intubation related to difficult laryngoscopy is presented...
- Clonidine as an adjuvant to intrathecal local anesthetics for surgery: systematic review of randomized trialsNadia Elia
Division of Anesthesiology, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva
Reg Anesth Pain Med 33:159-67. 2008..The aim of this systematic review is to quantify beneficial and harmful effects of clonidine when used as an adjuvant to intrathecal local anesthetics for surgery...
- Therapy Insight: hepatopulmonary syndrome and orthotopic liver transplantationCatherine M Pastor
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Hépatique et Imagerie Moléculaire, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:614-21. 2007..A PaO(2) of <50 mmHg might preclude OLT, because mortality and morbidity after OLT are greatly increased in these patients...
- Transcutaneous nicotine does not prevent postoperative nausea and vomiting: a randomized controlled trialChristoph Czarnetzki
Division of Anaesthesiology Clinical Trial Unit, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland Department of Neurosciences Medical Faculty, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:383-90. 2011..There is empirical evidence that smokers are less likely to suffer from postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV). We sought to investigate whether transcutaneus nicotine prevents PONV...
- The dose-sparing effect of clonidine added to ropivacaine for labor epidural analgesiaRuth Landau
Division d Anesthésiologie, Département d Anesthésiologie, Pharmacologie et Soins Intensifs de Chirurgie APSIC, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve HUG, Rue Micheli du Crest 12, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 95:728-34, table of contents. 2002..This study demonstrates the dose-sparing effect of clonidine when added to ropivacaine...
- Laparoscopic colon surgery: unreliability of end-tidal CO2 monitoringC E Klopfenstein
Service of Anaesthesiology, University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:700-7. 2008..The aim of the present study was to measure the PaCO(2)-PetCO(2) difference over time in patients undergoing laparoscopic colon surgery and to determine whether PaCO(2) is reliably assessed by PetCO(2)...
- Opposite regulation of endothelial NO synthase by HSP90 and caveolin in liver and lungs of rats with hepatopulmonary syndromeJean Louis Frossard
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Hépatique et Imagerie Moléculaire, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Rue Micheli du Crest, 24, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G864-70. 2007..Such opposite posttranslational regulation of eNOS by regulatory proteins may explain in part the pulmonary overproduction of NO and the hepatic NO defect in rats with hepatopulmonary syndrome...
- Low-dose sufentanil does not potentiate intrathecal morphine for perioperative analgesia after major colorectal surgeryXavier Culebras
Service d Anesthésie, Département APSI, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Can J Anaesth 54:811-7. 2007..We performed a prospective randomized double-blind study to compare the analgesic efficacy of ITM alone vs a mixture of a low dose of ITS plus ITM for perioperative pain relief in colorectal surgery...
- Continuous preperitoneal infusion of ropivacaine provides effective analgesia and accelerates recovery after colorectal surgery: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMarc Beaussier
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 107:461-8. 2007..The role of continuous preperitoneal infusion of ropivacaine for pain relief and postoperative recovery after open colorectal resections was evaluated in a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial...
- Postoperative analgesia and recovery course after major colorectal surgery in elderly patients: a randomized comparison between intrathecal morphine and intravenous PCA morphineMarc Beaussier
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hospital St Antoine, APHP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:531-8. 2006..The aim of this randomized, double-blinded study was to compare intrathecal morphine and intravenous PCA morphine for postoperative analgesia and recovery course after major colorectal surgery in elderly patients...