Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Basel
- Enhanced expression of ANO1 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma causes cell migration and correlates with poor prognosisChristian Ruiz
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e43265. 2012..Our results further suggest that Ano1 facilitates regulation of the cell volume and causes cell migration, which both can contribute to metastatic progression in HNSCC...
- Amplification and overexpression of vinculin are associated with increased tumour cell proliferation and progression in advanced prostate cancerChristian Ruiz
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Pathol 223:543-52. 2011..0001). Our data suggest that vinculin is a major driving gene of the 10q22 amplification in prostate cancer and that vinculin overexpression might contribute to prostate cancer progression by enhancing tumour cell proliferation...
- Estrogen receptor β expression and androgen receptor phosphorylation correlate with a poor clinical outcome in hormone-naive prostate cancer and are elevated in castration-resistant diseaseTobias Zellweger
Department of Urology, St Claraspital, Basel, Switzerland
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:403-13. 2013..005). Our results strongly suggest a major role for pAR(210) and ERβ in HN PC. The expression of these markers might be directly involved in CR tumor growth...
- Klf4 transcription factor is expressed in the cytoplasm of prostate cancer cellsClémentine Le Magnen
Institute for Surgical Research and Hospital Management, Department of Biomedicine, Basel University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 49:955-63. 2013..Here we comparatively addressed the expression of genes encoding putative stemness regulators including c-Myc, Klf4, Nanog, Oct4A and Sox2 genes in benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer (PCA)...
- High NRBP1 expression in prostate cancer is linked with poor clinical outcomes and increased cancer cell growthChristian Ruiz
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Basel, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Prostate 72:1678-87. 2012..Consequently, we analyzed the role of NRBP1 expression in prostate cancer cell lines and its expression on prostate cancer tissue microarrays (TMA)...
- VEGFA gene locus analysis across 80 human tumour types reveals gene amplification in several neoplastic entitiesMariacarla Andreozzi
Molecular Pathology Unit, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Basel, Schonbeinstrasse 40, 4003, Basel, Switzerland
Angiogenesis 17:519-27. 2014..e. HER2 and trastuzumab). However the impact of VEGFA gene amplification has been only recently assessed for some cancer types such as osteosarcoma, colorectal, breast and liver cancer...
- Ceramic foam plates: a new tool for processing fresh radical prostatectomy specimensTatjana Vlajnic
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Schoenbeinstrasse 40, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 465:637-42. 2014....
- Role of KCNMA1 in breast cancerMartin Oeggerli
Institute of Pathology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e41664. 2012..Our findings revealed that enhanced expression of KCNMA1 correlates with and contributes to high proliferation rate and malignancy of breast cancer...
- Early development of human lymphomas in a prostate cancer xenograft program using triple knock-out immunocompromised miceChristian Wetterauer
Department of Urology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Prostate 75:585-92. 2015..There is an urgent need for preclinical models of prostate cancer; however, clinically relevant patient-derived prostate cancer xenografts (PDXs) are demanding to establish...
- EGFR and IGF-1R in regulation of prostate cancer cell phenotype and polarity: opposing functions and modulation by T-cadherinKseniya Maslova
Department of Biomedicine, Laboratory for Signal Transduction, and Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland and Hirslanden Klinik St Anna, Luzern, Switzerland
FASEB J 29:494-507. 2015..We conclude that T-cadherin regulates prostate cancer cell behavior by tuning the balance in EGFR/IGF-1R activity and enhancing the impact of IGF-1R...
- Long noncoding RNA HOTTIP/HOXA13 expression is associated with disease progression and predicts outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma patientsLuca Quagliata
Institute of Pathology, Molecular Pathology Division, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Hepatology 59:911-23. 2014..In addition, taking advantage of gain and loss of function experiments in liver cancer-derived cell lines (HuH-6 and HuH-7), we uncover a novel bidirectional regulatory loop between HOTTIP/HOXA13...
- VEGFA gene locus (6p12) amplification identifies a small but highly aggressive subgroup of colorectal cancer [corrected] patientsTatjana Vlajnic
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Mod Pathol 24:1404-12. 2011..Further studies are needed to elucidate the potential role of amplification as a prognostic or predictive biomarker in both metastatic and nonmetastatic patients...
- Extracavitary primary effusion lymphoma: clinical, morphological, phenotypic and cytogenetic characterization using nuclei enrichment techniqueDarius Juskevicius
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Histopathology 65:693-706. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate copy number aberrations in two cases of solid PEL at their first occurrences and relapse by applying a newly developed methodology of tumour nuclei enrichment...
- MED12 overexpression is a frequent event in castration-resistant prostate cancerZaki Shaikhibrahim
Department of Prostate Cancer ResearchInstitute of PathologyUniversity Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, GermanyInstitute for PathologyUniversity Hospital Basel, Basel, SwitzerlandDepartment of UrologySt Claraspital, Basel, SwitzerlandDepartment of UrologyUniversity Hospital Basel, Basel, SwitzerlandDepartment of UrologyUniversity Hospital of Örebro, Orebro, SwedenSchool of Health and Medical SciencesÖrebro University, Orebro, SwedenCenter for Genomics and TranscriptomicsCeGaT GmbH, Tuebingen, GermanyClinic for Urology and Pediatric UrologyUniversity Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, GermanySection of Molecular UrooncologyDepartment of Urology, School of Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, GermanyDepartment of Prostate Cancer ResearchInstitute of PathologyUniversity Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, GermanyInstitute for PathologyUniversity Hospital Basel, Basel, SwitzerlandDepartment of UrologySt Claraspital, Basel, SwitzerlandDepartment of UrologyUniversity Hospital Basel, Basel, SwitzerlandDepartment of UrologyUniversity Hospital of Örebro, Orebro, SwedenSchool of Health and Medical SciencesÖrebro University, Orebro, SwedenCenter for Genomics and TranscriptomicsCeGaT GmbH, Tuebingen, GermanyClinic for Urology and Pediatric UrologyUniversity Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 21:663-75. 2014..Our findings show that MED12 nuclear overexpression is a frequent event in CRPC in comparison with androgen-sensitive PCa and is directly implicated in TGFβ signaling...
- Tenascin-W is a better cancer biomarker than tenascin-C for most human solid tumorsFlorence Brellier
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Novartis Research Foundation, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Clin Pathol 12:14. 2012..abstract:..
- Application of personalized medicine to solid tumors: opportunities and challengesChristian Ruiz
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 142:w13587. 2012..Discussion of the use and development of the various technologies will help us to understand the opportunities and challenges that arise when novel technologies are implemented...