Marie Francoise Pelte
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Pro-opiomelanocortin expression in a metastatic breast carcinoma with ectopic ACTH secretionMarie Francoise Pelte
Department of Clinical Pathology, Department of Medicine, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Breast J 10:350-4. 2004..The demonstration of mRNA POMC in breast carcinoma with NE features suggests a depression and/or an activation of the POMC gene linked to the NE differentiation...
- Urothelial carcinoma "nested variant" of renal pelvis and ureterMarc Pusztaszeri
Department of Clinical Pathology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Urology 69:778.e15-7. 2007..Almost all described cases have been located in the bladder. We report a case of nested variant of urothelial carcinoma of the renal pelvis and ureter, synchronous with high-grade urothelial papillary carcinoma...
- Value of immunohistochemistry in staging T1 urothelial bladder carcinomaPaulette Mhawech
Pathologie Clinique, Geneva University Hospital CMU, Michel Servet, 1, 1211 Geneva, 4, Switzerland
Eur Urol 42:459-63. 2002..To determine the value of immunohistochemistry (IHC), such as desmin and keratin, in comparison to hematoxylin-eosin (H&E) in classifying T1 stage disease, we retrospectively examined 93 consecutive cases diagnosed at our department...
- Young patients with endometrial cancer: how many could be eligible for fertility-sparing treatment?Isabelle Navarria
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Surgical Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Geneva University Hospitals, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Gynecol Oncol 114:448-51. 2009..To assess the characteristics of young women with endometrial carcinoma, and evaluate those potentially eligible for conservative therapy...
- Magnetic resonance imaging to identify risk of lymph node metastasis in patients with endometrial cancerManuela Undurraga
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 104:233-5. 2009..To assess the value of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to identify endometrial cancer patients at risk of lymph node metastasis...
- Derivation of the first Swiss human embryonic stem cell line from a single blastomere of an arrested four-cell stage embryoAnis Feki
Laboratory of Stem Cell Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 138:540-50. 2008..Moreover, most of the lines have been obtained in media containing animal components such as foetal bovine serum. We aimed to derive hESC lines in xeno-free conditions using spare embryos frozen in Switzerland before 2001...
- Frozen section in axillary sentinel lymph nodes for diagnosis of breast cancer micrometastasisJean Christophe Tille
Department of Genetics and Laboratory Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Anticancer Res 29:4711-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the diagnostic accuracy of the assessment of axillary frozen sections of SLNs for micrometastasis diagnosis...
- [The therapeutic dilemma of the early invasive bladder cancer]Alessandro Caviezel
Service d Urologie, Departement de Chirurgie, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 1:2849-50, 2853. 2005..We also emphasize the importance of the subclassification of the micro-invasive stage, and its practicability, which is reliable and simple, as opposed to the general belief...
- Indeterminate ovarian mass at US: incremental value of second imaging test for characterization--meta-analysis and Bayesian analysisKaren Kinkel
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Radiology 236:85-94. 2005..To compare value of current diagnostic strategies in assessment of changes in posttest probability of ovarian cancer when menopausal status and combination and sequence of diagnostic imaging tests are considered...
- Histopathological study of breast cancer and normal breast tissue after magnetic resonance-guided cryotherapy ablationMarc Pusztaszeri
Department of Clinical Pathology, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Cryobiology 55:44-51. 2007..Cryotherapy ablation is a minimally invasive procedure being investigated as an alternative to conventional surgery. There are few reports in breast cancer...
- Increased risk of second cancer among patients with ovarian borderline tumorsChristine Bouchardy
Geneva Cancer Registry, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Geneva University, Geneva, Switzerland
Gynecol Oncol 109:210-4. 2008..Such risk has not been investigated for ovarian borderline tumors. We aim to evaluate the risk of subsequent cancer occurrence among patients with borderline ovarian tumors in a population-based setting...
- Reclassification and analysis of clinical significance of atypical glandular cells on ThinPrep using Bethesda 2001: Geneva experienceNeeta Kumar
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 137:635-41. 2007..The objective was to determine the clinical significance of diagnosing AGC using new TBS 2001 on Thin-Prep. There is scant information on the diagnosis of AGC and its outcome on ThinPrep using TBS 2001...