Affiliation: University Hospital
- Pure representational neglect after right thalamic lesionS Ortigue
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Neurol 50:401-4. 2001....
- Letters lost in space: hemispace dependent handwriting errorsStephanie Ortigue
Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, University Hospital of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Neuroreport 15:2545-8. 2004..This suggests that the right hemisphere's role in handwriting may surpass its generally assumed purely spatial contribution. We discuss our results in term of co-registration between both cerebral hemispheres in language processing...
- Electrical neuroimaging reveals early generator modulation to emotional wordsStephanie Ortigue
The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, The Neurology Clinic, University Hospital of Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroimage 21:1242-51. 2004..These data support the existence of a specialized brain network triggered by the emotional connotation of words at a very early processing stage...
- Pure imagery hemi-neglect of far spaceS Ortigue
Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Neurology 60:2000-2. 2003..If the organization of represented space was similar to that of perceived space, it should contain a far/near dissociation as well. This paper describes a patient with pure representational neglect restricted to far space...
- Preattentive interference between touch and audition: a case study on multisensory alloesthesiaStephanie Ortigue
Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroreport 16:865-8. 2005..Our data suggest that auditory-tactile integration and multisensory alloesthesia not only depend on attentional mechanisms, but also on somatotopic preattentive mechanisms...
- Rapid discrimination of visual and multisensory memories revealed by electrical neuroimagingMicah M Murray
The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Neurology Clinic, University Hospital of Geneva, 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroimage 21:125-35. 2004....
- Brain state-dependent functional hemispheric specialization in men but not in womenChristine Mohr
The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory of the Neurology Clinic, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Cereb Cortex 15:1451-8. 2005..We suggest that 'split-brain' research may be marginally describable by a model, but only in exceptional situations, while in connected brains this functional hemispheric specialization is only one of many dynamic states...
- Hearing of a presenceOlaf Blanke
Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Neurocase 9:329-39. 2003..Based on these findings, it is suggested that the paroxysmal hearing of a person nearby corresponds to an auditory disorder of somatognosia...
- Double dissociation between representational personal and extrapersonal neglectS Ortigue
Department of Fundamental Neurosciences, University Central Medical School, Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Neurology 66:1414-7. 2006..In addition, perceptual neglect can be selectively observed within personal space or extrapersonal space. However, it is not known whether the latter dissociation also exists in representational neglect...
- The power of love on the human brainFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Soc Neurosci 1:90-103. 2006..The parallel between love and passion allows us to interpret these facilitation effects as corresponding to cognitive top-down processes within a motivation-enhanced neural network...
- [Neuropsychological test in daily practice]Jean Marie Annoni
Unité de Neuropsychologie, Clinique de Neurologie Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
Rev Med Suisse Romande 123:263-7. 2003..g. language, memory...). Test results can also help to clarify the nature of cognitive difficulties and to support the formulation of plans for neuropsychological therapy and functional adjustment in every day life...
- "Sleeping Beauty paraphilia": deviant desire in the context of bodily self-image disturbance in a patient with a fronto-parietal traumatic brain injuryFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Emergency and Liaison Services, Geneva University Psychiatric Center, Switzerland
Med Sci Monit 16:CS15-7. 2010..In multiple sclerosis, hypersexual behavior and paraphilias have been associated with various focal brain lesions in the frontal and temporal lesions when inflammatory demyelination involves the hypothalamus and septal regions...
- [Male sexual function after stroke]F Bianchi-Demicheli
Consultation de gynécologie psychosomatique et sexologie, Service accueil, urgences et liaison psychiatriques, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 3:805-8. 2007..After stroke it is important to evaluate the relational and sexual aspects of the patient and his sexual partner. A specialized consultation should be proposed when necessary to optimise the patient's post-stroke rehabilitation...
- Speech arrest with stimulation may not reliably predict language deficit after epilepsy surgeryM Seeck
Presurgical Epilepsy Evaluation Unit, Functional Neurology and Neurosurgery Program, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Neurology 66:592-4. 2006..These findings question the well-established principle that corticography directly reflects local cortical functions in all patients...
- Mental representation of subjective pleasure of partnered experiences in women's brain conveyed through event-related fMRIFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Emergency and Liaison Services, Geneva University Psychiatric Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Med Sci Monit 15:CR545-50. 2009..The authors hypothesized that the neural networks sustaining the memory of all types of subjective partnered sexual pleasure experiences might interact with the insula, a key brain area for integrating somatic experiences...
- Stimulating illusory own-body perceptionsOlaf Blanke
Laboratory of Presurgical Epilepsy Evaluation, Program of Functional Neurology and Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva 1211, Switzerland
Nature 419:269-70. 2002....
- Neural bases of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in women: an event-related FMRI studyFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Gynecology and Sexology Unit, University Hospital of Geneva, Maurice Chalumeau Foundation, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Sex Med 8:2546-59. 2011..e., female hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD), little remains known about the specific neural bases of this disorder...
- Audio-visual multisensory integration in superior parietal lobule revealed by human intracranial recordingsSophie Molholm
Cognitive Neurophysiology Lab, Program in Cognitive Neuroscience and Schizophrenia, Nathan S Kline Inst for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Neurophysiol 96:721-9. 2006..These results are discussed in the context of the role of SPL in supramodal spatial attention and sensory-motor transformations...
- Correlation between insula activation and self-reported quality of orgasm in womenStephanie Ortigue
Dartmouth Brain Imaging Center, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Dartmouth College, 6162 Moore Hall, Hanover, NH, USA
Neuroimage 37:551-60. 2007....
- Induction of an illusory shadow personShahar Arzy
Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne 1015, Switzerland
Nature 443:287. 2006..These perceptions may have been due to a disturbance in the multisensory processing of body and self at the temporoparietal junction...
- Toward an understanding of the cerebral substrates of woman's orgasmFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Emergency and Liaison Services, Geneva University Psychiatric Centre, Switzerland
Neuropsychologia 45:2645-59. 2007..Further studies using a multi-disciplinary approach are needed to identify the spatio-temporal dynamic of a woman's orgasm, its dysfunctions and possible new treatments...