Affiliation: University Hospital
- Inhibition of human colon cancer cell growth by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides targeted at basic fibroblast growth factorP Netzer
VA Medical Center, Long Beach, California, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1673-9. 2001..However, the efficacy of such an antisense oligodeoxynucleotide strategy has not been evaluated for colon cancer cells...
- Interaction of hepatocyte growth factor and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs during gastric epithelial wound healingPeter Netzer
VA Medical Center Long Beach, California, USA
Digestion 67:118-28. 2003..We investigated in vitro the interference of HGF, the selective COX-2 inhibitor NS-398 and the nonselective COX inhibitor indomethacin with gastric epithelial wound healing and actin microfilament (actin-MF) formation...
- Survival analysis of 19 patients with toxic thyroid carcinomaClaudine Als
Institute of Pathology, Inselspital, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4122-7. 2002..Thus, ToxTCa, treated with higher activities of (131)I, has a survival prognosis close to that of matched diffTCa cases, both groups consisting mainly (79%) of follicular subtypes...
- Evaluation of magnetic resonance colonography at 3.0 Tesla regarding diagnostic accuracy and image qualityBettina Saar
Department of Diagnostic, Interventional and Pediatric Radiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Invest Radiol 43:580-6. 2008..0 Tesla MR-unit...
- Virtual colon dissection with CT colonography compared with axial interpretation and conventional colonoscopy: preliminary resultsHanno Hoppe
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Inselspital, University of Berne, Freiburgstrasse 10, Berne 3010, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1151-8. 2004..The same CT data sets were independently evaluated using axial interpretation. All data sets were independently interpreted by two radiologists in a blinded manner...
- Importance of extracolonic findings at IV contrast medium-enhanced CT colonography versus those at non-enhanced CT colonographyAdrian Spreng
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 10, 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 15:2088-95. 2005..A substantially greater proportion of findings on IV contrast-enhanced CT colonography led to further work up and treatment than did non-enhanced CT colonography...
- Effect of naloxone-3-glucuronide and N-methylnaloxone on the motility of the isolated rat colon after morphinePeter Reber
Department of Vascular Surgery, Lindenhof Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Dig Dis Sci 52:502-7. 2007..In conclusion, highly polar naloxone derivatives peripherally antagonize the motility-lowering effect of morphine in the perfused isolated rat colon, are stable, and are not able to cross the colon-mucosal blood barrier...