Affiliation: University Hospital
- Empress Sissi and cardiac tamponade: an historical perspectivePhilippe Meyer
Cardiology Division, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Cardiol 102:1278-80. 2008..In conclusion, logistics aside, medical knowledge at the end of the 19th century would have been theoretically sufficient to save the empress from death...
- Stairs instead of elevators at workplace: cardioprotective effects of a pragmatic interventionPhilippe Meyer
Cardiology Service, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 17:569-75. 2010..However, little data exist on lifestyle interventions that are easy to integrate into everyday life such as using stairs instead of elevators at the workplace...
- Safety of Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis in Patients Equipped With Implantable Cardioverter DefibrillatorsPhilippe Meyer
Cardiology Service, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr . 2016..We aimed to test the occurrence of EMI in a setting where this risk was experimentally maximized...
- High-intensity aerobic interval exercise in chronic heart failurePhilippe Meyer
University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Heart Fail Rep 10:130-8. 2013..The aim of the present review is to describe the general principles of HIIE prescription, the acute physiological effects, the longer-term training effects, and finally the future perspectives of HIIE in patients with HF...
- [What is new in the medical management of acute heart failure?]P Meyer
Service de cardiologie, Departement de Medecine Interne, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 6:1211-7. 2010..New therapeutic perspectives include ultrafiltration, vasopressin and adenosine antagonists, relaxin and new inotropes such as istaroxime...