Affiliation: University Hospital
- Is depression associated with dysfunction of the central reward system?Chantal Martin-Soelch
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Zurich, Culmannstrasse 8, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Biochem Soc Trans 37:313-7. 2009..However, the exact nature of this dysfunction is not yet clear and needs to be investigated in further studies...
- The validity and reliability of the German version of the Somatoform Dissociation Questionnaire (SDQ-20)Christoph Mueller-Pfeiffer
Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Trauma Dissociation 11:337-57. 2010..In conclusion, the psychometric properties and cross-cultural validity of the German version of the SDQ-20 are excellent. Our results form the basis for the further study of somatoform dissociation in German-speaking populations...
- The severity of ADHD and eating disorder symptoms: a correlational studyNiklaus Stulz
Psychiatric Services Aargau AG, Baden, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 13:44. 2013..Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and eating disorders (ED) share several clinical features. Research on the association between ADHD and ED is still quite sparse and findings are ambiguous...
- Reduced response to reward in smokers and cannabis usersChantal Martin-Soelch
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Neuropsychobiology 60:94-103. 2009....
- Lateralization and gender differences in the dopaminergic response to unpredictable reward in the human ventral striatumChantal Martin-Soelch
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, Culmannstrasse 8, CH 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 33:1706-15. 2011..These data suggest that DA release in response to unpredictable reward is lateralized in the human ventral striatum, particularly in males...
- Blunted responses to reward in remitted post-traumatic stress disorderNilufer Kalebasi
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, University of Zurich Zurich, Switzerland
Brain Behav 5:e00357. 2015..Recent evidence suggests blunted responses to rewarding stimuli in patients with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, it is not clear whether these alterations in reward processing normalize in remitted PTSD patients...
- Comorbidity in posttraumatic stress disorder: a structural equation modelling approachLutz Wittmann
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Compr Psychiatry 49:430-40. 2008..Existing theories consider comorbidity as a consequence of PTSD (model 1), PTSD and comorbidity as a consequence of shared factors of vulnerability (model 2), and comorbidity as a consequence of trauma-type specific mechanisms (model 3)...
- A systematic review of health-related quality of life and psychological outcomes after lung transplantationAnnina Seiler
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 35:195-202. 2016..In this systematic review we aimed to: (1) augment evidence regarding measures to assess HRQoL and psychological outcomes after LTx; and (2) summarize HRQoL and psychological outcomes after LTx...
- Startle reactivity in the long-term after severe accidental injury: preliminary dataSonja Schumacher
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:570-4. 2013..Further, they suggest that psychologically resilient trauma survivors might show a PTSD-like pattern of exaggerated physiological startle even many years after a traumatic event...
- Acoustic Emotional Processing in Patients With Borderline Personality Disorder: Hyper- or Hyporeactivity?Monique C Pfaltz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Pers Disord 29:809-27. 2015..In Session 2, patients recognized fewer positive sounds than controls. Across both groups, physiological measures habituated between sessions. These findings add to growing evidence toward partial affective hyporeactivity in BPD. ..
- Post-transplant outcome-clusters of psychological distress and health-related quality of life in lung transplant recipientsAnnina Seiler
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 145:w14236. 2015....
- Cognitive functioning, emotional processing, mood, and personality variables before and after stereotactic surgery: a study of 8 cases with chronic neuropathic painRoberto Pirrotta
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich Switzerland
Neurosurgery 73:121-8. 2013..However, it is not clear whether this intervention influences the emotional and cognitive impairments observed in patients who have chronic neuropathic pain...
- Characteristics of child maltreatment and their relation to dissociation, posttraumatic stress symptoms, and depression in adult psychiatric patientsChristoph Mueller-Pfeiffer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:471-7. 2013..The findings suggest that dissociation is a relatively specific consequence of childhood maltreatment that is largely independent of the familial relationship to the perpetrator or the child's developmental stage...