M E Kraenzlin
Affiliation: University of Basel
- Use of beta-blockers and risk of fracturesRaymond G Schlienger
Basel Pharmacoepidemiology Unit, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
JAMA 292:1326-32. 2004....
- Use of recombinant human thyroid-stimulating hormone in the management of well-differentiated thyroid cancerMarius E Kraenzlin
University Hospital Basel, Clinic for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Missionsstrasse 24, CH 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Expert Opin Biol Ther 6:167-76. 2006..In addition, rhTSH has potential for use in facilitating the treatment of metastasis in patients with DTC and in patients with non-toxic nodular goiter; however, more clinical trials are needed to confirm its use in these situations...
- Practical use of biochemical markers of bone turnoverM E Kraenzlin
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 67:155-6. 2006
- [Swiss guidance for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis]M E Kraenzlin
Clinique d Endocrinologie, diabetologie et metabolisme, Hôpital universitaire de Bâle, Spitalstrasse 21 Petersgraben 4, 4031 Bâle
Rev Med Suisse 9:1272, 1274-8. 2013..This should allow one to better identify the subjects with increased fracture risk and offering them effective treatment...
- Phenotypic variability of the kyphoscoliotic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIA): clinical, molecular and biochemical delineationMarianne Rohrbach
Division of Metabolism, University Children s Hospital and Children s Research Centre, Zurich, Switzerland
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:46. 2011..Severe hypotonia usually leads to delay in gross motor development, whereas cognitive development is reported to be normal...
- [Diagnosis of osteoporosis. How do you manage it?]M E Kraenzlin
Abteilung Endokrinologie, Kantonsspital Basel, Schweiz
MMW Fortschr Med 144:24-30. 2002..Currently, such biochemical markers as osteocalcin or hydroxyproline are being investigated for their diagnostic value in terms of disease activity fracture risk and the monitoring of treatment...
- Possible beneficial effect of bisphosphonates in osteonecrosis of the kneeMarius E Kraenzlin
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1638-44. 2010..Further randomized, controlled trials are warranted to confirm the potential beneficial role of bisphosphonates in the treatment of osteonecrosis of the knee...
- [Laboratory assessment of osteoporosis]Marius E Kraenzlin
Klinik fur Endokrinologie, Diabetes und klinische Ernährung, Universitatsspital Basel, Basel und Endokrinologische Praxis und Labor, Basel
Ther Umsch 65:513-8. 2008..Repeated measurements of biochemical markers during treatment appear to improve the management of osteoporotic patients...
- Automated HPLC assay for urinary collagen cross-links: effect of age, menopause, and metabolic bone diseasesMarius E Kraenzlin
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Clin Chem 54:1546-53. 2008..We evaluated the analytical and clinical performance of a commercially available PYD HPLC assay and established reference intervals in children and adults...
- [Thiazolidinediones and skeletal health]C Meier
Division d endocrinologie, diabète et nutrition clinique, Hôpital universitaire de Bâle, Bale
Rev Med Suisse 5:1309-10, 1312-3. 2009..As a consequence of these observations, clinicians have to carefully assess the fracture risk in patients with type 2 diabetes before starting a therapy with thiazolidinediones...
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors and the risk of fracturesC R Meier
Basel Pharmacoepidemiology Unit, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital of Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031, Basel, Switzerland
JAMA 283:3205-10. 2000..It is unknown whether use of statins is associated with a decreased risk of fractures in humans...
- Impact of bisphosphonate wash-out prior to teriparatide therapy in clinical practiceChristina Keel
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Basel, Missionsstrasse 24, 4055 Basel, Switzerland
J Bone Miner Metab 28:68-76. 2010..Furthermore, as bisphosphonate wash-out does not appear to influence the treatment effect, teriparatide therapy can be started immediately after ceasing bisphosphonate therapy and wash-out...
- Use of thiazolidinediones and fracture riskChristian Meier
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 2, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Arch Intern Med 168:820-5. 2008..Thiazolidinediones may adversely affect the skeleton owing to decreased bone formation and accelerated bone loss...
- [Diagnosis of osteoporosis]Marius E Kraenzlin
Rev Med Suisse Romande 122:395-7. 2002
- Prevention of postmenopausal bone loss with long-cycle hormone replacement therapyAlbrecht W E Popp
Osteoporosis Policlinic, University Hospital of Berne, Switzerland
Maturitas 53:191-200. 2006..The effects on bone of such long-cycle HRT regimens are unknown. The objective of the present study was to compare the effects on bone and the endometrium of long-cycle HRT and conventional HRT...
- An automated 'bio-intact' PTH assay: a step towards standardisation and improved correlation with parathyroid function in renal diseaseReto Savoca
Center for Laboratory Medicine, Kantonspital Aarau, CH 5001, Aarau, Switzerland
Clin Chim Acta 343:167-71. 2004..Most methods for the determination of parathyroid hormone (PTH) show cross-reactivity with N-truncated forms of PTH. The analytic and diagnostic value of a recently developed automated PTH test without this cross-reactivity was examined...