Affiliation: University of Geneva
- Field measurements suggest the mechanism of laser-assisted water condensationS Henin
Teramobile, Gap, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland
Nat Commun 2:456. 2011....
- Optical rogue wave statistics in laser filamentationJérôme Kasparian
1GAP GAP Biophotonics, University of Geneva, 21211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Opt Express 17:12070-5. 2009..The results are interpreted in terms of pump noise transfer via self-phase modulation...
- Arbitrary-order nonlinear contribution to self-steepeningJérôme Kasparian
Universite de Geneve, GAP Biophotonics, 20 rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Opt Lett 35:2795-7. 2010..Moreover, we show both analytically and numerically that the dispersion term of the nonlinear indices must be considered when computing the intensity-dependent group velocity...
- Dual-color co-filamentation in ArgonPierre Béjot
Universite de Geneve, GAP Biophotonics, Geneva 4, Switzerland
Opt Express 16:14115-27. 2008..This dual-color filamentation also results in the simultaneous generation of two few-cycle pulses at both 800 and 400 nm, providing a potential way to generate attosecond pulses...
- Laser vaporization of cirrus-like ice particles with secondary ice multiplicationMary Matthews
Universite de Geneve, GAP Biophotonics, Chemin de Pinchat 22, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Sci Adv 2:e1501912. 2016..This process constitutes the first direct observation of filament-induced secondary ice multiplication, a process that strongly modifies the particle size distribution and, thus, the albedo of typical cirrus clouds. ..
- Non-linear photochemical pathways in laser-induced atmospheric aerosol formationDenis Mongin
Universite de Geneve, GAP Biophotonics, Chemin de Pinchat 22, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Sci Rep 5:14978. 2015..Pre-existing water droplets strongly increase the oxidative properties of the laser-activated atmosphere, substantially enhancing the condensation of organics under laser illumination. ..
- Physics and applications of atmospheric nonlinear optics and filamentationJérôme Kasparian
Gap, Universite de Geneve, 20 rue de l Ecole de Médecine, CH 1211 Geneve, Switzerland
Opt Express 16:466-93. 2008..Typical applications include remote sensing of atmospheric gases and aerosols, lightning control, laser-induced spectroscopy, coherent anti-stokes Raman scattering, and the generation of sub-THz radiation...