Affiliation: University Hospital
- Pyoderma gangrenosum after totally implanted central venous access device insertionIhsan Inan
Visceral Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Rue Micheli du Crest 24, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
World J Surg Oncol 6:31. 2008..Treatment consists of local and systemic approaches. Systemic steroids are generally used first. If the lesions are refractory, steroids are combined with other immunosuppressive therapy or to antimicrobial agents...
- Management of malignant pleural effusion and ascites by a triple access multi perforated large diameter catheter port systemIhsan Inan
Visceral Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Rue Micheli du Crest 24, CH 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
World J Surg Oncol 6:85. 2008..Pleural or peritoneal effusions (ascites) are frequent in terminal stage malignancies. Medical management may be hazardous...
- [Hernia surgery: the unavoidable era of laparoscopy]I Inan
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 2:1578-82. 2006..Well codified and taught, the laparoscopy has an important role to play in hernia surgery today as well as in the future...
- Multimedia article. Laparoscopic repair of parastomal hernia using a porcine dermal collagen (Permacol) implantIhsan Inan
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1465. 2007..Permacol (Tissue Science Laboratories plc, Aldershot, Hampshire, U.K.) is a new biomaterial implant, which combines the strength and biocompatibility...
- Amyand's hernia: 10 years' experienceI Inan
Division of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Surgeon 7:198-202. 2009..Amyand's hernia is an atypical groin hernia which contains the vermiform appendix. The aim of this study was to review a single institution's experience in the clinical presentation, management and prognostic factors of this rare hernia...
- Robotic laparoendoscopy single site surgery: a transdisciplinary reviewAlexandre Balaphas
Clinic for Visceral Surgery and Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Med Robot 9:1-11. 2013..In order to relieve these difficulties many authors have adapted robotic technology to single site surgery. Numerous approaches have been developed and there is no real consensus...
- A prospective, randomized, single-blind comparison of laparoscopic versus open sigmoid colectomy for diverticulitisPascal Gervaz
Departments of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital and Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Surg 252:3-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare open and laparoscopic sigmoid resection for diverticulitis with the patient and the nursing staff blinded to the surgical approach...
- Laparoscopic versus open sigmoid resection for diverticulitis: long-term results of a prospective, randomized trialPascal Gervaz
Department of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital and Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 25:3373-8. 2011..Elective laparoscopic sigmoid resection for diverticulitis has proven short-term benefits, but little data are available from prospective randomized trials regarding long-term outcome, quality of life, and functional results...
- Visual clues act as a substitute for haptic feedback in robotic surgeryM E Hagen
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, Rue Micheli du Crest 24, 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 22:1505-8. 2008..The lack of haptic feedback (HF) in robotic surgery is one of the major concerns of novice surgeons to that field. The superior visual appearances acquired during robotic surgery may give clues that make HF less important...
- Laparoscopic versus open resection for appendix carcinoidP Bucher
Clinic of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211, Geneva, 14, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 20:967-70. 2006..The goal of this study was to compare results of laparoscopic (LAP) versus open (OP) appendectomy for AC according to intend to treat approach...
- Impact of IQ, computer-gaming skills, general dexterity, and laparoscopic experience on performance with the da Vinci surgical systemMonika E Hagen
Division of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Med Robot 5:327-31. 2009..We tested this hypothesis by measuring IQ elements, computer gaming skills, general dexterity with chopsticks, and evaluating laparoscopic experience in correlation to performance ability with the da Vinci robot...
- Choosing the cosmetically superior laparoscopic access to the abdomen: the importance of the umbilicusPouya Iranmanesh
Division of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, 4, rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 25:2578-85. 2011..The literature suggests that the umbilicus plays an important role in the overall physical appearance of patients. This study therefore investigated the perception of the general population regarding the cosmetics of the umbilicus...
- [The da Vinci surgical system in digestive surgery]Monika E Hagen
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 3:1622-6. 2007....