Affiliation: University of Hohenheim
- Effects of drop jumps added to the warm-up of elite sport athletes with a high capacity for explosive force developmentRoger Hilfiker
University of Applied Sciences Valais, Domain Health and Social Work, Leukerbad, Switzerland
J Strength Cond Res 21:550-5. 2007..148; jump height CMJ +0.48 cm (95% CI = -0.26 to +1.2), p = 0.182; SJ +0.73 cm (95% CI = -0.36 to +1.18), p = 0.169. Athletes could add modified drop jumps to the warm-up before competitions to improve explosive force development...
- Local dynamic stability as a responsive index for the evaluation of rehabilitation effect on fall risk in patients with multiple sclerosis: a longitudinal studyRoger Hilfiker
Institute Health and Social Work HES SO Valais Wallis, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Sion and Leukerbad, Switzerland
BMC Res Notes 6:260. 2013..With this longitudinal study over three weeks, we aimed to assess the responsiveness of Local Dynamic Stability to a rehabilitation program and to compare it to other measures...
- Best practice for motor imagery: a systematic literature review on motor imagery training elements in five different disciplinesCorina Schuster
Reha Rheinfelden, Switzerland
BMC Med 9:75. 2011..The aim of this review was to identify the characteristics of a successful MITS and compare these for different disciplines, MI session types, task focus, age, gender and MI modification during intervention...
- Effects of whole-body vibration on postural control in elderly: a systematic review and meta-analysisSlavko Rogan
Bern University of Applied Sciences Health, and Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
BMC Geriatr 11:72. 2011..This systematic review was performed to summarize the current evidence for whole body vibration (WBV) interventions on postural control in elderly...
- Value of predictive instruments to determine persisting restriction of function in patients with subacute non-specific low back pain. Systematic reviewRoger Hilfiker
Domain Health and Social Work, Physiotherapy, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Valais, Leukerbad, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 16:1755-75. 2007..Future instruments should be based on models with a comprehensive set of known risk factors. These models should be constructed and validated by international, coordinated research teams...
- The use of the comprehensive International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Core Set for low back pain in clinical practice: a reliability studyRoger Hilfiker
Swiss Paraplegic Research, Nottwil and Institute of Health and Social Work, Degree Course Physiotherapy, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Leukerbad, Switzerland
Physiother Res Int 14:147-66. 2009..The reliability of the qualifiers' scale of the ICF Core Set for LBP has not yet been studied...
- Sensorimotor tests, such as movement control and laterality judgment accuracy, in persons with recurrent neck pain and controls. A case-control studySimone Elsig
University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland Valais HES SO Valais Wallis, School of Health Sciences, Physiotherapy, Leukerbad, Switzerland Bern University of Applied Sciences, Health, Bern, Switzerland Electronic address
Man Ther 19:555-61. 2014....
- Predictive value of the Acute Low Back Pain Screening Questionnaire and the Örebro Musculoskeletal Pain Screening Questionnaire for persisting problemsMartin Sattelmayer
Department of Physiotherapy, HES SO, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Leukerbad, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 21:S773-84. 2012..These instruments can be used with a cutoff value, where patients with values above the threshold are further assessed with a more comprehensive examination...