Affiliation: University Hospital
- Esthesioneuroblastoma: irradiation alone and surgery alone are not enoughGünther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Berne, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:486-91. 2002..To evaluate the long-term outcome of patients with esthesioneuroblastoma treated with neoadjuvant or definitive radiotherapy (RT)...
- Can the addition of regional radiotherapy counterbalance important risk factors in breast cancer patients with extracapsular invasion of axillary lymph node metastases?Günther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Strahlenther Onkol 179:661-6. 2003..To evaluate if locoregional radiotherapy (RT) versus local irradiation only can alter the pattern of failure in breast cancer patients with extranodal invasion...
- Prognosis of dermal lymphatic invasion with or without clinical signs of inflammatory breast cancerGuenther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Inselspital, University of Berne, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 109:144-8. 2004..The finding of dermal lymphatic tumor invasion predicts a high probability for node-positive disease...
- Sites of failure in breast cancer patients with extracapsular invasion of axillary lymph node metastases. No need for axillary irradiation?!Günther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Inselspital, University of Berne, Switzerland
Strahlenther Onkol 181:574-9. 2005..Extracapsular spread (ECS) is frequent, but the specific sites of relapse are seldom given in the literature. In this study it was evaluated, if ECS might be an indicator for axillary irradiation...
- Prognostic value of extracapsular tumor spread for locoregional control in premenopausal patients with node-positive breast cancer treated with classical cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil: long-term observations from International Breast CaGünther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, and the Institute of Medical Oncology, Inselspital, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 23:7089-97. 2005..We sought to determine retrospectively whether extracapsular spread (ECS) might identify a subgroup that could benefit from radiotherapy after mastectomy, especially patients with 1 to 3 positive lymph nodes (LN1-3+)...
- Significant correlation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha with treatment outcome in cervical cancer treated with radical radiotherapyPhilipp Burri
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Berne, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:494-501. 2003..Because hypoxia plays an important role in radiation resistance, we investigated hif-1alpha expression in cervical cancer treated with local radical radiotherapy (RT)...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in high-risk breast cancer: an independent prognostic parameter?Günther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Breast Cancer Res 6:R191-8. 2004..We investigated the role of hif-1alpha expression in patients with node-positive breast cancer...
- Increased invasive potential and up-regulation of MMP-2 in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells expressing the beta3 integrin subunitOliver Baum
Institute of Anatomy, University of Bern, Switzerland
Int J Oncol 30:325-32. 2007....
- Boost radiotherapy in young women with ductal carcinoma in situ: a multicentre, retrospective study of the Rare Cancer NetworkAurelius Omlin
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 7:652-6. 2006..Outcome data in young women with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) are rare. The benefits of boost radiotherapy in this group are also unknown. We aimed to assess the effect of boost radiotherapy in young patients with DCIS...
- The Met kinase inhibitor SU11274 exhibits a selective inhibition pattern toward different receptor mutated variantsSylvie Berthou
Department of Radiation Oncology, Inselspital Bern, Switzerland
Oncogene 23:5387-93. 2004..The basis for the sensitivity or resistance to SU11274 is discussed in terms of the position of the mutations predicted from a homology model...
- Impact of viral E2-gene status on outcome after radiotherapy for patients with human papillomavirus 16-positive cancer of the uterine cervixKatja Lindel
Department of Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:760-5. 2006..This study investigated the influence of episomal viral DNA on outcome in patients with advanced cervical cancer treated with primary radiotherapy...
- Breast cancer and human papillomavirus (HPV) infection: no evidence of a viral etiology in a group of Swiss womenKatja Lindel
Department of Radiooncology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Breast 16:172-7. 2007..We found all samples were negative for HPV DNA. Our analysis could not support a role of HPV in breast carcinoma. Controversial published data indicate a need for further, larger epidemiologic studies...
- Long-term results of radiotherapy in patients with chronic palmo-plantar eczema or psoriasisMarcin Sumila
Institute of Radiation Oncology, State Hospital, Aarau, Switzerland
Strahlenther Onkol 184:218-23. 2008..Furthermore, the optimal irradiation dose is unknown. We evaluated the outcome of RT with two different RT single/total dose (SD/TD) treatment policies...