Affiliation: University Hospital
- Severe immune-mediated drug-induced liver injury linked to ibandronate: a case reportNicolas Goossens
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland Electronic address
J Hepatol 59:1139-42. 2013..We report the first case of ibandronate-related hepatotoxicity and, to our knowledge, the first case of immune-mediated drug-induced liver injury (DILI) related to bisphosphonates. ..
- [Reactivation of hepatitis B associated with immunosuppression]N Goossens
Service de gastroentérologie et hepatologie, Département des spécialités de médecine, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 9:1566, 1568-71. 2013..In situations at high risk of viral reactivation prophylactic antiviral therapy is indicated and reduces morbidity and mortality related to viral hepatitis flares...
- [Alcoholic steatohepatitis: what's new in 2012?]N Goossens
Service de gastroentérologie et hepatologie, Département des spécialités, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 8:1646-8, 1650-1. 2012..In case of uncontrolled infection, pentoxifylline may be administered. The Lille score, measured at the 7th day of corticosteroid therapy, measures response to therapy and guides the total duration of treatment...
- A capillary blood ammonia bedside test following glutamine load to improve the diagnosis of hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhosisSaskia Ditisheim
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, 4, rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Gastroenterol 11:134. 2011..Hepatic encephalopathy (HE) is a frequent and severe complication of cirrhosis. A single determination of ammonia in venous blood correlates poorly with neurological symptoms. Thus, a better biological marker is needed...
- [New treatments for hepatitis C, which targets, what timeline?]Nicolas Goossens
Service de Gastroentérologie et d Hépatologie, Département des spécialités, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 7:1683-8. 2011..However, these new molecules may lead to serious adverse effects and drug interactions with which the specialist and the primary care physician must be familiar...
- Is genotype 3 of the hepatitis C virus the new villain?Nicolas Goossens
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Hepatology 59:2403-12. 2014..In addition, increasing clinical and experimental data show that HCV genotype 3 may be associated not only with severe steatosis, but also with accelerated fibrosis progression rate and increased oncogenesis...
- DOME/GALT type adenocarcimoma of the colon: a case report, literature review and a unified phenotypic categorizationHala Kannuna
Department of Clinical Pathology, Geneva University Hospital, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Diagn Pathol 10:92. 2015..The two variants might therefore be grouped into a unified category...