Affiliation: University of Basel
- [Web-based learning tools in pathology]K Glatz-Krieger
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitat Basel, Schweiz
Pathologe 24:394-9. 2003..Development and evaluation of the online histopathology course HiPaKu and the game Matching pair are presented...
- [Virtual microscopy: first applications]K Glatz-Krieger
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsspital Basel, Schweiz
Pathologe 27:469-76. 2006..Thanks to additional functionalities, real microscopes will most likely be replaced by computer workstations in a couple of years...
- Factors to keep in mind when introducing virtual microscopyKatharina Glatz-Krieger
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 448:248-55. 2006..These systems differ in speed, image quality, compatibility, viewer functionalities and price. This paper gives an overview of the factors to keep in mind when introducing virtual microscopy...
- Anatomic site-specific patterns of gene copy number gains in skin, mucosal, and uveal melanomas detected by fluorescence in situ hybridizationKatharina Glatz-Krieger
Institute for Pathology, University of Basel, Schoenbeinstrasse 40, CH 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 449:328-33. 2006..Site-specific genetic and epigenetic features may impact the response of melanomas to various anti-cancer drugs and should be considered in future studies on the molecular pathogenesis of malignant melanomas...
- An online quiz uncovers limitations of morphology in equivocal lung cytologyKatharina Glatz
Department for Pathology, Institute for Pathology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer 108:480-7. 2006..In such cases fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) may be used for the analysis of chromosomal aberrations and often allows a reliable distinction of benign and malignant cells...
- [Cytology in the internet]K Glatz
Institut fur Pathologie, 4031, Basel, Schweiz
Pathologe 28:318-24. 2007..Tests on lung and urinary cytology were attended by 383 international participants. The virtual microscopy technology will revolutionize telecytology and cytology education...
- [Molecular heterogeneity of malignant melanomas]K Glatz
Institut fur Pathologie, Schonbeinstrasse 40, 4031, Basel, Schweiz
Pathologe 28:474-8. 2007..In the future, however, the development of targeted molecular therapies will require that molecular pathological techniques are used to identify the melanoma patients who will most probably benefit from a particular therapy...
- Frequent mitotic activity in banal melanocytic nevi uncovered by immunohistochemical analysisKatharina Glatz
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Am J Dermatopathol 32:643-9. 2010..PHH3 and MPM2 are a valuable diagnostic adjunct in the evaluation of melanocytic tumors allowing more sensitive and faster recognition of mitotic figures and their distribution...
- Acute toxoplasmosis mimicking melanoma metastases: review of conditions causing false-positive results on (18)F-FDG PET/CTK Ivanova
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Dermatology 225:349-53. 2012..Toxoplasmosis is a zoonosis caused by the intracellular parasite Toxoplasma gondii, which is usually asymptomatic in immunocompetent hosts...