Affiliation: University Hospital
- Differences between graft product and donor side effects following bone marrow or stem cell donationG Favre
Division of Hematology and Hematology Laboratory, Kantonsspital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:873-80. 2003..PBSC donors experienced predominantly filgrastim-related AEs, while BM donors experienced predominantly harvest-related AEs...
- Tumor incidence in related hematopoietic stem cell donorsA Jeger
Stem Cell Transplant Team, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:1240-4. 2011..Tumors do occur in donors of hematopoietic stem cells at least at the rate as expected in a normal population; whether incidence exceeds expected rates needs to be determined in larger international cohorts...
- Sideroblastic changes of the bone marrow can be predicted by the erythrogram of peripheral bloodA Rovo
Hematology, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Int J Lab Hematol 32:329-35. 2010..The interpretation of the erythrogram should become daily practice in hematology to improve the efficacy to detect sideroblastic changes...
- Natural killer-type receptors for HLA class I antigens are clonally expressed in lymphoproliferative disorders of natural killer and T-cell typeT Hoffmann
Haematological Laboratory, Department of Research, Kantonsspital, Basel Institute for Immunology, Basel, and Division of Haematology, Kantonsspital, Switzerland
Br J Haematol 110:525-36. 2000..We conclude that NKRs are clonally expressed in lymphoproliferative disorders of NK or T-cell origin. NKR repertoires may represent a novel tool in diagnosing clonal disorders of NK and T-cell type...
- [Chronic myeloid leukemia]A Gratwohl
Hematologie, Hôpital universitaire de Bâle
Rev Med Suisse 1:1631-5. 2005
- [Optimizing plasma cell content in bone marrow aspirates]T Hoffmann
Departement Zentrallabor, Kantonsspital, Basel
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 128:1611-3. 1998..0015). Median plasma cell counts in secondary aspirates were 57% lower compared to primary aspirates. We conclude that the use of secondary aspirates leads to systematic underestimation of the bone marrow plasma cell content...
- Impaired B-cell reconstitution in lymphoma patients undergoing allogeneic HSCT: an effect of pretreatment with rituximab?A Buser
Hematology, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:483-7. 2008..In conclusion, B-cell reconstitution can be significantly delayed in allogeneic HSCT recipients with prior rituximab treatment. Rituximab appears to have clinical consequences beyond the immediate early post-transplant period...
- High stem cell dose will not compensate for T cell depletion in allogeneic non-myeloablative stem cell transplantationJ R Passweg
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Basel University Hospital, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:267-71. 2002..NST with T cell depletion to prevent GVHD results in a high graft failure rate. High stem cell dose (> or =10 x 10(6) CD34(+)cells/kg) and post-transplant DLI will not compensate for the lack of T cells to ensure stable engraftment...
- Purified donor NK-lymphocyte infusion to consolidate engraftment after haploidentical stem cell transplantationJ R Passweg
The Basel Stem Cell Transplant Team, Basel University Hospitals, Switzerland
Leukemia 18:1835-8. 2004..Selection of NK-DLI is technically feasible. NK cells are well tolerated when used as adoptive immunotherapy in recipients of haploidentical HSCT...
- [Pancytopenia after viral infection in St. n. malignant lymphoma]B Seifert
Medizinische Universitätspoliklinik, Departement Innere Medizin, Kantonsspital Basel
Praxis (Bern 1994) 92:143-6. 2003