Affiliation: University Hospital
- Case of gynecomastia during paroxetine therapyCristian Damsa
J Clin Psychiatry 64:971. 2003
- Are psychiatric residents still interested in psychoanalysis? A brief reportCristian Damsa
Faculty of Medicine University Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Psychoanal 70:386-91. 2010..Following the residents' responses, our focus group proposed ten commonsense feedbacks for psychoanalysts regarding stimulating young psychiatric residents' interest in psychoanalytic approaches...
- New fields of research in posttraumatic stress disorder: brain imagingCristian Damsa
Emergency and Crisis Intervention Unit, University of Geneva Psychiatric Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Opin Psychiatry 18:55-64. 2005..A systematic search of the literature in English, French, German and Dutch from January 2003 to August 2004 was performed on MEDLINE. References cited in all trials were searched iteratively to identify missing studies...
- Intramuscular olanzapine in patients with schizophrenia: an observational study in an emergency roomCristian Damsa
Service d urgences, Cantonal Universitary Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Bull Soc Sci Med Grand Duche Luxemb . 2008..Between 2001 and 2005 important changes were observed in expert opinion about the clinical management of patients with schizophrenia (SCZ) and agitation requiring an IM psychotropic, with a growing interest for IM atypical antipsychotics...
- [The impact of crisis intervention on the management of patients with personality disorder]Cristian Damsa
Service de Psychiatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg 4 rue Barblé, L 1210 Luxembourg
Bull Soc Sci Med Grand Duche Luxemb . 2003..The results of this study emphasize the importance of crisis interventions in psychiatry for improving the management of patients with a personality disorder...
- [Analysis of inter-judge concordance for the realization of psychiatric expertise in the use of guidelines]Cristian Damsa
Faculty of Medicine University Geneva, 17 route de la Chapelle, 1212 Grand Lancy, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull Soc Sci Med Grand Duche Luxemb . 2009..The aim of this work is to measure the inter-judge concordance in thirteen psychiatric expertises for invalidity insurance...
- Lipid levels in dissociative disorders: effects of psychodynamic psychotherapyCristian Damsa
Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Investigation Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4455 East 12th Avenue, Denver, CO, 80220, USA
Psychiatr Q 85:369-76. 2014..These findings could open the way for hypothesis about the role of lipids in the pathophysiology of DD and raise the question of the patients with DD receiving antilipidemiants agents...
- Current status of brain imaging in anxiety disordersCristian Damsa
University of Geneva Psychiatric Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:96-110. 2009..References cited in all trials were searched iteratively to identify missing studies. Our review focused only on the last year's findings...
- Quality of care in Emergency Psychiatry: developing an international networkCristian Damsa
Cantonal Universitary Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Psychiatry 22:411-2. 2007
- Intramuscular olanzapine in patients with borderline personality disorder: an observational study in an emergency roomCristian Damsa
Service d urgences psychiatriques, Centre Hospitalier Régional La Citadelle, 1 Boulevard du Douzième de Ligne, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:51-3. 2007..This is the first open-label study with olanzapine in this setting...
- Heisenberg in the ER: observation appears to reduce involuntary intramuscular injections in a psychiatric emergency serviceCristian Damsa
Service d accueil, d urgence et de liaison psychiatrique, Cantonal Universitary Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:431-3. 2006....
- [Dissociative disorders: clinical, neurobiological and therapeutical approaches]C Damsa
Service d accueil, d urgences et de liaison psychiatriques Département de psychiatrie HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 2:400-5. 2006..Beyond the inherent singularity of psychotherapeutic intervention, the therapeutic approach varies according to frequently associated comorbidities...
- "Dopamine-dependent" side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: a clinical reviewCristian Damsa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1064-8. 2004....
- Recurrence of post-traumatic stress disorder and antiretroviralsCristian Damsa
Emergency and Crisis Intervention Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Scand J Infect Dis 37:313-6. 2005..After recurrence of PTSD, the patient showed an important decrease in viral load and a higher CD4 level despite a bad compliance to antiretrovirals...
- Economic impact of crisis intervention in emergency psychiatry: a naturalistic studyCristian Damsa
Emergency and Crisis Intervention Unit, University of Geneva Psychiatric Center, Switzerland
Eur Psychiatry 20:562-6. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate the clinical and economic impact of crisis intervention on psychiatric emergency admissions...
- [Major depressive disorders and psychiatric emergencies: a naturalistic study on crisis intervention relevance]Cristian Damsa
Service d accueil, d Urgences et de Liaison psychiatrique, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire de Geneve, Suisse
Can J Psychiatry 50:857-62. 2005..This retrospective study aimed to evaluate the impact of introducing crisis intervention patterns in the emergency unit of a general hospital on the number of admissions and outpatient follow-ups for patients with major depressive disorder...
- [Predictive factors of suicidal behaviour recurrence in borderline personality disorder patients]L Cailhol
Service d accueil, d Urgences et de Liaison psychiatrique, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire de Geneve, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Encephale 33:156-9. 2007....
- [Comparison between Swiss and foreign patients characteristics at the psychiatric emergencies department and the predictive factors of their management strategies]B Baleydier
Clinique d Accueil et Urgences Psychiatriques Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, Geneve
Encephale 29:205-12. 2003..studied two specific questions: 1) are there nationalities differences in diagnosis with respect to the Swiss native population, and 2) are there nationality differences in management of patients visiting a psychiatric emergency service?..
- [Alpha-thalassemias and bipolar disorders: a genetic link?]C Damsa
Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneve 14
Encephale 31:72-5. 2005..Thanks to linkage techniques, one could hope for an improvement in understanding the physiopathology of bipolar disorder, with possible implications at a therapeutic level...
- [Interest of psychiatric guidelines in managing agitation in intensive care]Coralie Lazignac
Service d accueil, d Urgences et de Liaison psychiatrique, Departement de Psychiatrie, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 3:414-9. 2007..In the treatment of agitated patients, an equilibrium needs to be found between the subjective dimension and the available data from evidence based medicine...
- Violent behavior of patients admitted in emergency following drug suicidal attempt: a specific staff educational crisis interventionLionel Cailhol
Service d accueil d urgence et de liaison psychiatrique, Cantonal University Hospital Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, Universitary Hospital Geneva 24, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:42-4. 2007..The aim of this study is to investigate the impact of a staff educational crisis intervention (SECI) on the reduction of VB in patients admitted to emergency departments following drug suicidal attempt...
- Restless legs syndrome induced by citalopram: a psychiatric emergency?Nader Perroud
Service d accueil, d urgence et de liaison psychiatrique, Universitary Hospital Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:72-4. 2007..The objective of this case report is to create awareness on restless legs syndrome (RLS) among clinicians working in emergency units...
- A naturalistic study of consecutive agitated emergency department patients treated with intramuscular olanzapine prior to consentCristian Damsa
Am J Psychiatry 165:535-6. 2008
- [Panic disorders: differential diagnosis and care in emergencies]Cristian Damsa
Service de psychiatrie de laison et d intervention de crise, HUG, Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 4:404-6, 408-9. 2008..Antidepressants (SSRI, venlafaxine) are effective in preventing panic attacks, especially in improving anticipatory anxiety and avoidance behaviour...
- Viewing videotape of themselves while experiencing delirium tremens could reduce the relapse rate in alcohol-dependent patientsAdriana Mihai
Department of Psychiatry, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Tg Mures, Romania
Addiction 102:226-31. 2007..Our hypothesis about the efficacy of videotapes exposure to DT is consistent with a cognitive behavior model...