Ralph P Braun
Affiliation: University of Geneva
- [State of the art in melanoma diagnosis]Ralph P Braun
Service de Dermatologie, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14, et DHURDV, Genève Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 1:1086-90, 1093. 2005..In this article we are going to review the different established techniques for non invasive melanoma diagnosis as well as some very promising approaches which are still at an experimental stage...
- Exclusively benign dermoscopic pattern in a patient with acral melanomaRalph P Braun
Arch Dermatol 143:1213-5; author reply 1215-6. 2007
- The beauty and the beast sign in dermoscopyAshfaq A Marghoob
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:1388-91. 2007
- Surgical Pearl: Dermoscopy of the free edge of the nail to determine the level of nail plate pigmentation and the location of its probable origin in the proximal or distal nail matrixRalph P Braun
Pigmented Skin Lesion Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:512-3. 2006
- Dermoscopic diagnosis of seborrheic keratosisRalph P Braun
Pigmented Skin Lesion Clinic, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Dermatol 20:270-2. 2002
- Dermoscopy research--an updateRalph P Braun
Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Prevention Centre, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Semin Cutan Med Surg 28:165-71. 2009..In this article, we provide the reader with an overview of the different aspects of dermoscopy as a research tool. We cover different aspects, such as the new equipment, new structures, the importance of blood vessels, etc...
- TeledermoscopyRalph P Braun
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Probl Dermatol 32:201-6. 2003
- Trauma as triggering factor for development of melanocytic neviAlexander A Navarini
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Gloriastrasse 31, Zurich, Switzerland
Dermatology 220:291-6. 2010..We conclude that in predisposed patients, the trigger for eruptive nevi can be reduced to a simple localized minor trauma...
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of basal cell carcinomasRalph P Braun
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Dermatol Surg 31:562-6; discussion 566-8. 2005..One of the main problems with BCC is the risk of local recurrence of the tumor after treatment. This is mainly due to its irregular outgrowths, which cannot be detected clinically...
- Acutely ill patients in internal medicine departments want treatment for undiagnosed, symptomatic skin conditionsYasemin Goeksu
Department of Dermatology, Zurich University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Dermatology 225:115-20. 2012..Concomitant skin conditions may be neglected in internal medicine patients due to lack of knowledge or resources. Thus, we investigated the prevalence of undiagnosed skin conditions in this population...
- Pattern analysis: a two-step procedure for the dermoscopic diagnosis of melanomaRalph P Braun
Pigmented Skin Lesion Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Geneva, and the Département Hospitalo Universitaire Romand de Dermatologie et Vénérologie, Geneva Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Dermatol 20:236-9. 2002
- Ex vivo dermoscopy of melanocytic tumors: time for dermatopathologists to learn dermoscopyAlon Scope
Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 160 E 53rd St, New York, NY 10022, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:1548-52. 2007..Noncontact polarized dermoscopy was applied to pigmented lesions before excision and at least 6 hours after specimen fixation in formalin...
- Dispelling the myth of the "benign hair sign" for melanomaAlon Scope
Departments of Dermatology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10022, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:413-6. 2007..Thus, integrating all clinical and dermoscopic findings, rather than relying on a single criterion for the lesion at hand should guide clinicians to the correct diagnosis...
- The "ugly duckling" sign: agreement between observersAlon Scope
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 160 E 53rd St, New York, NY 10022, USA
Arch Dermatol 144:58-64. 2008..To assess whether multiple observers can identify the same pigmented lesion(s) as being different from a patient's other moles ("ugly duckling" [UD] sign) and to explore whether the UD sign is sensitive for melanoma detection...
- Age- and site-specific variation in the dermoscopic patterns of congenital melanocytic nevi: an aid to accurate classification and assessment of melanocytic neviLily Changchien
Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 160 E 53rd St, Second Floor, New York, NY 10022, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:1007-14. 2007....
- "Fat fingers:" a clue in the dermoscopic diagnosis of seborrheic keratosesAlfred W Kopf
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:1089-91. 2006....
- Comment on dermoscopy patterns of melanocytic nevi on the soleRalph P Braun
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:162-3. 2006
- Dermoscopy of pigmented Spitz and Reed nevi: the starburst patternRichard Marchell
Department of Dermatology, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Arch Dermatol 141:1060. 2005
- Re: Differentiating vessels from globules on dermoscopyAshfaq A Marghoob
Dermatol Surg 31:120; author reply 120. 2005
- [Summary of the Skin Cancer Prevention Campaign 2000 of the Suisse league against cancer "Protect me! Your skin"]Ralph P Braun
Clinique de Dermatologie, Hopital Cantonal, Universitaire de Geneve
Rev Med Suisse Romande 122:17-8. 2002