Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Cardiac biomarkers and pulmonary embolism: prognostic stratification]Grégoire Blaudszun
Service de médecine interne générale, Departement de Medecine Interne, HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 5:2022-4, 2026-7. 2009..This article discusses more specifically the role of cardiac biomarkers (natriuretic peptides and troponin) in assessing PE prognosis and severity at the time of the diagnosis...
- Preload-adjusted left ventricular dP/dtmax: a sensitive, continuous, load-independent contractility indexGrégoire Blaudszun
G Blaudszun Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil 4, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Exp Physiol 98:1446-56. 2013..In a model of acute preload reduction, PAdP/dtmax was found to be the best indicator of systolic LV function. Given its simplicity, this real-time index derived from single beat analysis should be tested further in clinical settings. ..
- Effect of perioperative systemic α2 agonists on postoperative morphine consumption and pain intensity: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsGrégoire Blaudszun
Division of Anesthesiology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 116:1312-22. 2012..Systemic α2 agonists are believed to reduce pain and opioid requirements after surgery, thus decreasing the incidence of opioid-related adverse effects, including hyperalgesia...
- Relevance of the volume-axis intercept, V0, compared with the slope of end-systolic pressure-volume relationship in response to large variations in inotropy and afterload in ratsGrégoire Blaudszun
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Exp Physiol 96:1179-95. 2011..6 ± 33.4%), used alone or with other commonly used contractility indices, was far less significant. In contrast to E(es), V(0) provides a relatively good LV contractility index because it is much less sensitive to afterload...
- Superiority of desflurane over sevoflurane and isoflurane in the presence of pressure-overload right ventricle hypertrophy in ratsGrégoire Blaudszun
Research Assistant, Division of Anesthesiology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 117:1051-61. 2012..However, the ideal anesthetic agent remains unknown because scientific evidence is lacking...