Affiliation: University of Bern
- [Mindfulness training as a psychotherapeutic tool. Clarification of concept, clinical application and current state of empirical research]Matthias Berking
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 57:170-7. 2007..Future research should try to clarify for whom these skills are particularly important, and how these skills can be taught to patients who are less open for mindfulness-based approaches...
- Emotion-regulation skills as a treatment target in psychotherapyMatthias Berking
University of Washington, Department of Psychology, P O Box 351525, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Behav Res Ther 46:1230-7. 2008..Deficits in emotion-regulation skills have been shown to be integral to the development and maintenance of a wide range of mental disorders...
- The value of treatment-goal themes for treatment planning and outcome evaluation of psychiatric inpatientsMartin Grosse Holtforth
Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy Section, University of Bern, Switzerland
Int J Soc Psychiatry 50:80-91. 2004..The taxonomy of treatment-goal themes of the Bern Inventory of Treatment Goals (BIT-T) has shown to be a comprehensive coding system for outpatient use...
- Self-conscious emotions and depression: rumination explains why shame but not guilt is maladaptiveUlrich Orth
Department of Psychology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 32:1608-19. 2006..Moreover, the results show that the effect of shame is substantially mediated by rumination. The results are discussed against the background of self-discrepancies and self-esteem...
- [Changes in clinically relevant goals and therapy outcome: a study with inpatients undergoing cognitive behavioral therapy]Matthias Berking
Paracelsus Roswitha Klinik Bad Gandersheim
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 53:171-7. 2003..Results show effects of normalization, as expected, especially on scales associated with psychopathology in former studies...