Affiliation: University of Zurich
- Brain stimulation modulates driving behaviorGian Beeli
University of Zurich, Institute of Psychology, Division Neuropsychology, Switzerland
Behav Brain Funct 4:34. 2008..Controlled and safe driving depends on the integrity of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC), a brain region, which has been shown to mature in late adolescence...
- Modulating presence and impulsiveness by external stimulation of the brainGian Beeli
Institute of Psychology, Department of Neuropsychology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Behav Brain Funct 4:33. 2008..One brain area, which is hypothesized to be critically involved in modulating this feeling (also called presence) is the dorso-lateral prefrontal cortex (dlPFC), an area also associated with the control of impulsive behavior...
- The multiple synaesthete E.S.: neuroanatomical basis of interval-taste and tone-colour synaesthesiaJürgen Hänggi
Division of Neuropsychology, Institute of Psychology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroimage 43:192-203. 2008..Our findings might have implications for the understanding of multimodal integration and may encourage similar research into dysfunctional perceptual phenomenon such as hallucinations in schizophrenics or in Charles Bonnet syndrome...
- The neuroanatomy of grapheme-color synesthesiaLutz Jancke
Division Neuropsychology, Institute of Psychology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 29:1287-93. 2009....
- When the sun prickles your nose: an EEG study identifying neural bases of photic sneezingNicolas Langer
Psychological Institute, Division of Neuropsychology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 5:e9208. 2010..Exposure to bright light such as sunlight elicits a sneeze or prickling sensation in about one of every four individuals. This study presents the first scientific examination of this phenomenon, called 'the photic sneeze reflex'...
- Time course of neural activity correlated with colored-hearing synesthesiaGian Beeli
Institute of Psychology, Department of Neuropsychology, University of Zürich 8032, Switzerland
Cereb Cortex 18:379-85. 2008....
- Feeling present in arousing virtual reality worlds: prefrontal brain regions differentially orchestrate presence experience in adults and childrenThomas Baumgartner
Institute of Psychology, Department of Neuropsychology, University of Zurich Switzerland
Front Hum Neurosci 2:8. 2008....